Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Who'da thunk? The Dr. of course!

Ever since our television channels went totally digital, we've been able to pick up more channels (no cable/satellite) and we can get some channels out of Wisconsin; more specifically Wisconsin Public Television and that means I can watch Dr. Who again!!!!

Wow, have I missed a lot --a lot of Doctors! Haven't seen it since Peter Davison was the Doctor. He's only got what-- 3 lives left! Then what will they do?

Who'da thunk watching Dr. Who would become a mother-daughter thing every week (as I've already got her hooked!) I just had to share my joy, because I thought there might be a few Who could appreciate it!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Who'da thunk watching Dr. Who would become a mother-daughter thing every week (as I've already got her hooked!) I just had to share my joy, because I thought there might be a few Who could appreciate it!
Ha, I got my mom hooked on Who, myself! Though she prefers the newer seasons and I like the classic ones, I have managed to get her to watch some 4th Doctor episodes and I think she's starting to appreciate the older seasons more.

None of the public channels around here shows Doctor Who; you're lucky! We're just stuck with Sci-Fi and BBC America, which is all new Who.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I started watching in the 80's when Tom Baker was the Doctor, but they were always going back and rerunning earlier episodes, which was fine with me. It would be nice to see what I missed. I wonder if Netflix carries the series to rent. I never thought of checking.

Sure enough, they do have certain episodes and some of the movies! Now I wish we wouldn't have just down-graded our membership to 1 movie at-a-time!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Netflix also has a lot of the classic Doctor Who episodes available to stream. Does the 1-at-a-time plan allow streaming? Do you have broadband?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Netflix also has a lot of the classic Doctor Who episodes available to stream. Does the 1-at-a-time plan allow streaming? Do you have broadband?
Yes, I was noticing that it has some instant play episodes. I'm not sure, but I hope that would be in addition to the plan we have (1 at-a-time Unlimited). I'll have to check it out, but now.... it's time for the show!!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Are you watching the episodes with David Tennant? He's fabulous as Dr Who.

I loved the classic Dr Who and hadn't really watched the new ones until David Tennant came along. You can, I think, see a preview of the Easter special on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Ever since our television channels went totally digital, we've been able to pick up more channels (no cable/satellite) and we can get some channels out of Wisconsin; more specifically Wisconsin Public Television and that means I can watch Dr. Who again!!!!

Wow, have I missed a lot --a lot of Doctors! Haven't seen it since Peter Davison was the Doctor. He's only got what-- 3 lives left! Then what will they do?

Peter Davison! Good heavens - you have 25 years of catching up to do. What a wonderful treat in store for you. Do try and watch them at least roughly in order if you're able to; you'll get a lot more from it that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Peter Davison! Good heavens - you have 25 years of catching up to do. What a wonderful treat in store for you. Do try and watch them at least roughly in order if you're able to; you'll get a lot more from it that way.
I think I'll try to print out an episode list, so I can watch them in some semblence of order. Hopefully it won't take 25 years to get caught up!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
I think I'll try to print out an episode list, so I can watch them in some semblence of order. Hopefully it won't take 25 years to get caught up!
There are only about 750 episodes, so it shouldn't take you too long... And the 11th Doctor is already cast so you better hurry up...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Are you watching the episodes with David Tennant? He's fabulous as Dr Who.

I loved the classic Dr Who and hadn't really watched the new ones until David Tennant came along. You can, I think, see a preview of the Easter special on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
We just watched "The Idiot's Lantern" last night. It sort of creeped my daughter out with the faceless people, but since they all got their faces back in the end, I think she'll be okay. I like this David Tennant version of Dr. Who! He's really kinda' cute (don't tell my husband that)!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
There are only about 750 episodes, so it shouldn't take you too long... And the 11th Doctor is already cast so you better hurry up...

-MJ
Oh noes!!!!!! I thought they were going to figure out a way to keep Tenant! Is the new series still starting early '10? Will we get the "Easter Special" in the states? Anyone know?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

David Tennant is lovely.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Oh noes!!!!!! I thought they were going to figure out a way to keep Tenant! Is the new series still starting early '10? Will we get the "Easter Special" in the states? Anyone know?
No, he is apparently moving on to other things. He will be showing up in occasional specials this year however.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh *sob* so much for my fantasy life.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post

-MJ
I'd better buy another ream of paper before I try to print that list! I'm already sad to see that there's another Dr. slated for the next regeneration!