Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
New "Portfolio Case"

Portfolio case. Have seen people discussing it, but no real reviews yet.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I noticed that. If I were a lefty it might cause a problem because I think that's a pad of paper on the right side.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Eenteresting. I see it includes an easel type stand. Might be effective.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
I have concerns requarding quality, craftsmanship and exactly what is it made out of. I have an M-Edge on order (backordered until june 5th) and will wait for it. I have read many glowing reviews about the M-Edge but none about this one.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
I have concerns requarding quality, craftsmanship and exactly what is it made out of. I have an M-Edge on order (backordered until june 5th) and will wait for it. I have read many glowing reviews about the M-Edge but none about this one.
This was only released this week at Amazon, so it hasn't had a lot of time out yet. The little pop-up stand is a nice feaure, as is the slim notebook.

I have the red leather M-Edge cover (this new portfolio one is NOT leather, btw), and I like the pocket on the left, although it's not really big enough for a notebook - I keep 3x5 cards in there and jot down one-line reviews of books I've read, and especially noting authors I want to keep current on.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I noticed that. If I were a lefty it might cause a problem because I think that's a pad of paper on the right side.
Most of the reader covers have the reader on the right and pockets or nothing on the left. People fold the left side behind and often hold the cover at the thick part this fold makes. I'm right handed and typically hold books with my left so I figured this was likely common and why covers were designed this way. If the right side does fold back, maybe that's more comfortable for lefties. But then maybe I'm just in the habit of holding with the left because it makes more sense to turn pages with the right hand when you're reading left-to-right.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I was thinking about how difficult using the writing pad would be for a lefty not the placement of Kindle but I agree with what you're saying.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote