Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #76
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Gecko has their leather Glo case on their site now. I was seriously considering getting one if the logo was covered. Since it's not, I guess they saved me some money.
I asked the company if they would offer this cover without the hole and the answer was no.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #77
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
New Kobo Glo cases <A href="http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo-ereader/?sort=newest">here</A> but no auto sleep. I have two of the Kobo Touch cases and they are excellent quality.
I just ordered one for Christmas. How long did it take to receive your case from SkinDigital?
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #78
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Anyone who has the fabric kobo Glo Sleepcover, can you give me the dimensions? The kobo website doesn't say, and Indigo gives the dimensions as (unbelievably!!) 1.1 x 5.4 x 9 (in)
Considering the glo specs are 0.39 x 4.5 x 6.2 (in), the extra (almost) 3 inches in length seem a bit much...pictures on the kobo website also seem to indicate the case to be much closer to the size of the device.
So if someone who has one, wouldn't mind measuring it? Inches or cm are both fine.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #79
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
My Glo sleepcover is approx. 5/8"x5-1/8"x6-7/8".
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #80
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
My Glo sleepcover is approx. 5/8"x5-1/8"x6-7/8".
ok, thanks! that sounds a lot more reasonable!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #81
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
I just ordered one for Christmas. How long did it take to receive your case from SkinDigital?
I have ordered three Kobo touch cases previously and they varied from 7-16 days for delivery (Airmail, Hong Kong to Ontario Canada).

I have ordered 2 Glo cases which were shipped Dec.3rd. (Airmail no tracking). This is the peak holiday shipping time right now though.

Cases received Dec.10th. Seven days from Hong Kong is excellent! Weight of case is 5 ounces, perfect fit and great quality Red & black leather.

Last edited by mconh; 12-10-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: update
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #82
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
I ordered a Runforcovers cover designed for kobo/kindle touch and it fits the Glo surprisingly well. There's also a lot of quirky designs (made to look like book covers)

Despite being slightly big (like 1cm from top and 1cm from bottom, the straps look like they're barely holding onto the device but they are actually really secure (so the device doesn't slide at all!)

The things I dislike are 1/ the slide button is covered 2/ lint gathering on the inside felt (?)

Other than that, I'm happy with it!

IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #83
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Hi all I got my Kobo GLo today.
I bought the Sleep cover with it and yeah it was pretty pricey, but it is good quality and the sleep on cover close feature is handy.
The cover has 4 corner pieces which it slots into leaving lots of room for access to the sdcard slot power and light button.

I figure I use my ereader so much (I also own a Kobo Touch which I've been using for over a year) that it's worth splashing out on a nice cover.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #84
Silencio
Silencio began at the beginning.

Device: none
I ordered a really nice cover from etsy. Lots of sellers on there making handmade covers for different readers.
Silencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #85
seedyeh
seedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipseseedyeh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
anyone have any experience with this case: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Twill-leather...ht_2127wt_1512

seems like an affordable + functional case, but the adhesive only backing scares me (should it ever become loose)
seedyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #86
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_diabolo View Post
The beautiful burgundy cover is out (also other colours)!! I ordered mine 16:30 today and received a message at 16:45: Item was shipped. Wow, what a pace!
Soon my glo will be protected by this wonderful cover.
How do you like this cover? it is indeed a fine looking case.
Does the lid, if you fold it to the back, also have a magnet close option on the back as it folds back?

I actually ordered the red Lux cover. But i think of changing it for the above one because I like it a lot more.
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #87
pack21
pack21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO
I ordered mine from SkinDigital.

Very nice price with tracking number, promo until 31\12.
pack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #88
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
Review of Navitech Brown Bycast Leather Flip Carry Case from Amazon $12.99

Excellent cover, price was very right, very nicely made, fits well, also acts as a sleep cover although the item description doesn't mention it. I had sleep function of Kobo Glo turned off initially; when I initially rec'd the cover and was looking closely at it, I felt a very small round lump on the inside of the cover, I thought, hmmm, wonder if thats a magnet for the sleep cover function. Turned that function on on the Glo, and Voila!, sleep cover works! Sweet.

A good deal, and worth the wait (they were backordered when I placed order) of about a month. Other than that, simple, perfect for designed task, openings placed correctly so can charge and reach the on/off slide switch, the light button, and the uSD card slot. Perfect.

link to cover on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Navitech-Bycas...old+by+WHSmith)
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #89
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I just bought Kobo Glo eReader Black Genuine Leather Case Cover Jacket + Screen Guard from the SkinDigital store.

There's a promo on at the moment of 10% off using coupon code Holiday10.

Also free tracking - normally $2.

So my US $15.99 purchase was $14.39.

It's compulsory to use PayPal - but there is an option for those who don't want to sign in to their Pay Pal account to use it as a 'guest' and also an option not to use their conversion rate (which sucks). I opted to use my credit card company's rate so won't know what it is till I see the bank statement. Doesn't worry me because I know it's a darn lot better than Pay Pal.

https://www.skindigitalstore.com/kob...er-jacket-new/
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #90
mullasm
mullasm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi everyone,

A new Kobo Glo owner and forum member here!

Just wanted to inquire about whether anybody has used, or even seen, the Glo Leather SleepCover cover:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...ccessories%3a1

None of the stores in my area seem to carry it, and I'm hesitant to purchase it online without actually seeing it in person. Doesn't help that there aren't many pics or reviews posted online either.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Last edited by mullasm; 12-22-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Fix link
mullasm is offline   Reply With Quote