Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
paperpeople
paperpeople began at the beginning.

Device: sony 650
won't turn on

Hello, I just charged my ereader. But it won't come on??? This has never happened before. I'v never had any problems before. It has been several months since I have used the reader. Worked fine last time I used it. HELP!

Thanks
paperpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
How did you charge your ereader? You might need to charge via a mains charger to give the battery some extra "kick" to begin a charging cycle.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
paperpeople

Hi, I charged it the way I always do..USB cable in my computer. It said it was charged.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
OK, you might need to reset the ereader. Your user guide will tell you how, or try this;

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99594
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
1) Are you sure the reader is charged? With most computers, if they go to sleep, the USB power is turned off and the computer actually drains the reader.

2) Try a soft reset. Push a straightened paper clip into the reset hole at the bottom of the reader for 5 seconds. Hit the power switch 5 times in fairly quick succession. See what happens.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
paperpeople

I did the soft reset. It seems to have worked!!! Thanks everyone for your help. I LOVE this forum.