Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Houston Meet "Proclaimed" on 10-04-08

Are there interested members or visitors who might want to meet up in Houston? I was thinking:

- A Saturday in October or early November around 5 pm or so.
- At a Panera Bread or other cafe with wifi to enable live postings.
- Maybe the one in Sugarland just off the southwest freeway (U.S. 59) for ease of access. Note that they also have seating outside in case it's a pretty day (which is likely in October).

But you may have other ideas which will probably be cool with me.

I have only my new Sony PRS-505 Reader to bring which you could as easily see at the Sony store in the Galleria or at a Borders. But you would also be able to see what PDFs, epubs, Adobe DE PDFs, and files that have been run through PDFLRF, for example, look like. You could also see my new Lightwedge cover for the 505. And I could bring a laptop with BookDesigner on it to show or answer questions about converting books.

For me, I would love to talk to someone in real time about Calibre who has used it. And I'm always curious about other devices (I've never seen anything in person but the Sony Readers).

If enough people say yes, let's plan on one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh, that sounds nice ! i wish i could come vr, i bet we'd have a great time talking about Vera over a drink or three ! and i'd love to find out about calibre in person too. but look out, i showed my "don't call me obsolete" eb1150 to patricia, and it made her want one for herself.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I think my world should be stable enough by then to show up. I have a CYBook Gen 1, Gen3, and an original EEE PC. An eariler time would be preferred due to commute concerns. RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

damned, now i'm even more disappointed to miss it.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I think my world should be stable enough by then to show up. I have a CYBook Gen 1, Gen3, and an original EEE PC. An eariler time would be preferred due to commute concerns. RSE
I'd love to see those, RSE, particularly the EEE (which you might accidentally misplace on your way out the door). And earlier works for me fine.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If it's Early October or Early November, I might be able to arrange to attend -- my monthly Houston trips tend to be the first or second week of the month, I could probably pull of a Saturday with enough warning.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

arg !!! natch too ??? the three of you together would almost be enough to outweigh the thought of the terrifying cockroaches and other texan fauna which i've heard rivals that of australia. y'all, i'm seriously jealous. you're going to have such a good time.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's only a "maybe" for me, yet, Zelda.

And apropos to nothing: I had a woodpecker trying to take my back deck apart at lunch-time time.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

well i'll still be two-thirds as jealous, even if you can't make it, natch. i hope you'll be able to though. sounds like a good time to me.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

I like Panera Bread well enough, and I haven't eaten there in over a year (since we moved to Tennessee), so ....
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I'd be interested, as long as it was on a Saturday or Sunday. I work until 8pm.

I also live in houston.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I'd be willing to drag my sorry ass down there to say "hi." Don't care much about seeing people's devices as much as their faces.

I just need to know a date far enough in advance so I can plan on a petsitter and a hotel room. Not keen on the idea of driving there and back in one day. I could do it ... just don't want to.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm going to make sure you guys don't make this an all-male event to rival the all-female one just past.

If at all possible, I'll come down from Dallas. Might have to spend the night rather than driving down & back in a single day.

By the way -- hubby lent me his Garmin nüvi (GPS unit) to use so I wouldn't get lost in Austin. When I got back home, I discovered that it's a spy! It logged my maximum speed and average speed for the trip. Needless to say, my heavy foot got me in a bit of hot water with the hubby. I keep saying that if the cops didn't care, why should he?

PS - it serves him right for making me drive myself instead of playing chauffeur.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
PS - it serves him right for making me drive myself instead of playing chauffeur.
so that makes Elsi plus 1 added to the list...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I'm going to make sure you guys don't make this an all-male event to rival the all-female one just past.

If at all possible, I'll come down from Dallas. Might have to spend the night rather than driving down & back in a single day.

By the way -- hubby lent me his Garmin nüvi (GPS unit) to use so I wouldn't get lost in Austin. When I got back home, I discovered that it's a spy! It logged my maximum speed and average speed for the trip. Needless to say, my heavy foot got me in a bit of hot water with the hubby. I keep saying that if the cops didn't care, why should he?

Elsi, if you want to split the cost of a hotel room, just let me know. That is assuming your chauffeur is not with you ....
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote