Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
bulk conversion - set / confirm input format

the bulk conversion option has no input format selector & does not show what it intends to use.

I assume I have to set my conversion priorities within default preferences then return to bulk conversion screen, which seems roundabout ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the bulk conversion option has no input format selector & does not show what it intends to use.
If I'm not mistaken it automatically uses the preferred input format you prioritized based on the order of the preferred input formats under Preferences - Behavior
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
it does, but that mechanism assumes a better memory than mine - how many folks can recite their input preferences in the correct order ?

also that input preferences controls the viewer preferences, so normally I want epub to be #1 preference - except for when I want to bulk convert a dozen lit to epub.

to do that means changing my default input preferences order, run the bulk convert, then go & change my input preferences back to what they used to be. I can't just leave LIT above epub because the view button will then choose to show LIT
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
to do that means changing my default input preferences order, run the bulk convert, then go & change my input preferences back to what they used to be. I can't just leave LIT above epub because the view button will then choose to show LIT
This is true. Put in an enhancement request and see if a input format preference for viewing can be a separated out.

If not you have a couple of other ways to quickly view files in calibre.

I too use the view for epub, but I also have two other easy access ways to choose epub for viewing. Click on the ePub link in the book details window or use the Open With GUI plugin to view the selected ePub. Both methods can easily open a ePub in calibre's viewer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote