Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Problem (bug) with bookmarks in PDF plugin (2.0 RC2)

I found a problem with the pdf plugin in document-viewer-plugins-4.0+svnr6952. Note that this plugin is not used anymore to view PDF files, unless you manually replace the newer closed source plugin. It does serve however as documentation for plugin writers, and my own DjVu plugin is based on its sources (and therefore has the same issue). I don't know if the bug is in uds or in the document-viewer-plugins, and it is hard to debug since half of the files are closed source.

Symptoms: You can create a bookmark by clicking on the upper right corner, but the dog ear doesn't turn grey. You cannot remove the bookmark by clicking again. The bookmarks menu does list the bookmarks correctly.

To reproduce:
- install poky sdk, emulator, and extract document-viewer-plugins-4.0+svnr6952
- edit /plugins/pdf/plugin_impl/Makefile.am:
uncomment the line:
## plugin_LTLIBRARIES = libuds-plugin-@PACKAGE_NAME@.la
and add ## to the line above (noinst_LTLIBRARIES ...)
- autoreconf --install && ./configure --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi && make
- rename the file /plugins/pdf/plugin_impl/.libs/libuds-plugin-pdf.so to libuds-plugin-adobe.so
- copy libuds-plugin-adobe.so to /usr/lib/uds/ on the emulator, overwriting the existing file
- copy /usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libpoppler.so.3 to /usr/lib/ on the emulator
- open a PDF file on the emulator, browse to an arbitrary page and click on the dog ear in the upper right corner. Note that the dog ear does not turn grey.
- Check the bookmarks menu: the bookmark is listed. Clicking the dog ear again does not remove the bookmark.

(I've already reported this bug in the DjVu plugin thread. See this message: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=25 for something that looks like another bug in document-viewer-plugins, but that bug doesn't seem to cause this issue)
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Any news on this issue? I realise that this is probably not a high priority issue for irex, but I'd really like to make the bookmark function work correctly for the djvu plugin.

If it's not going to be fixed, could anyone explain what has changed in the handling of bookmarks between the old and new pdf plugin (since bookmarks in the new closed source pdf plugin do work fine) so that I can try to fix it myself?
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert