Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
technoir
technoir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 650
New Oasis 2 to jailbreak?

I'm thinking of getting a second gen Kindle Oasis and I was wondering if anyone knew what the odds of being able to jail break it are. I understand that beyond a certain firmware version it can't be done. I currently have a jail broken Paperwhite 2012 running Koreader among other things and I'd like the same for the Oasis.

Last edited by technoir; 01-20-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: improved expressions
technoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You can jb it if the version is 5.9.0.6 or below only.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
technoir

I know that but what I want to know is if there is any reasonable chance of getting that version (or lower) from a new Oasis 2.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:22 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoir View Post
I know that but what I want to know is if there is any reasonable chance of getting that version (or lower) from a new Oasis 2.
From a new device? Highly unlikely, given that the current firmware is 5.12.3.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:04 AM   #5
technoir

Advert
Old 01-21-2020, 01:26 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoir View Post
Highly unlikely means there is not. You might get lucky, but the chances are small. Unless the device has been sitting on the shelf somewhere for years, but the battery could be dead in that case.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:36 AM   #7
technoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
From a new device? Highly unlikely, given that the current firmware is 5.12.3.
I see. Thank you. In that case I'm not sure I'll get it then.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Given that it's the *release* FW from back in winter '17, I'd move the needle towards "when hell freezes over" .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote