Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
read365
Enthusiast
read365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to behold

Device: pocketbook pro 902, Jetbook Color 1
waiting for new firmware.

Hi, i'm waiting for new JBC firmware.

some one told it is horrible but I satisfied with my JBC.

which date release new firmware?

april 1st??
read365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Lol!
They just said April. Could be anywhere, most likely end of April.

I hope there will be few upgrades after that!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
newphyte
newphyte began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Color
firmware comming soon...

http://ectaco-global.blogspot.com/

newphyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

April Firmware updates and bug fixes (not the actual fw):
http://ectaco-global.blogspot.com/20...ook-color.html
Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
I dislike this point:
Quote:
Web browser has been implemented to display Web resources related to ebook reading using open networks. This has been limited as per school requests, but can be modified in future updates.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
I dislike this point:

I agree, on the other hand: what are the limitations?
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
They didn't say. I suppose we can surf only in sites "related to ebook reading" (?).
I don't know either what they mean with "open networks"
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
They didn't say. I suppose we can surf only in sites "related to ebook reading" (?).
I don't know either what they mean with "open networks"
Yeah, if they mean no WPA or even WEP security on the wifi network then nobody's going to be able to use it.

My hopes for a full web browser surfing arbitrary sites are fading fast.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Their first responsibility is the schools, who have purchased most devices. They probably want only access to Wikipedia, and some other informative sites, while restricting the use for facebook, or other game/social content oriented sites.

I'm sure it's fairly easy to bypass, but nevertheless, they probably will create a good FW for the schools, requiring regular end users to make a final update to unlock the device's full potential, while the schools will probably be asked NOT to update theirs.

I don't really dislike it, because I bought the device originally for reading books, not being online. I'm sure this extra function is a nice feat to have (an online browser), but will be quite uncomfortable to use. I prefer a keyboard/mouse equipped device like a laptop or desktop to do this job.
So even if they fully enable the browser, I doubt I'd use it often.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Yeah, if they mean no WPA or even WEP security on the wifi network then nobody's going to be able to use it.

My hopes for a full web browser surfing arbitrary sites are fading fast.

Andrew

I would say let us wait and see: it is not a device for surfing and Wiki is certainly possible.
Expansion should be easily implemented.
In my opinion there are more relevant issues to be solved.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
read365
Enthusiast
read365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to behold

Device: pocketbook pro 902, Jetbook Color 1
Thanks everyone~
@mod186k1 I agree...
read365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #12
ProDigit
Karmaniac

nothing yet... But I have patience. I don't mind having a good fw, at the end of the month, rather than a half finished one at the beginning!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
nothing yet... But I have patience. I don't mind having a good fw, at the end of the month, rather than a half finished one at the beginning!
100% agree
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
ignacio ferrer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
If that is the choice, who would not agree - but is this the choice?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
I'm in process of buying a JBC(not paid yet) and Greg told me yesterday that it would come with newest firmware so you will have it soon. Be patient! =)
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote