Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Because your 302 was built with a defective display. It should be returned.
And if you return it, tell them they refund you and keep the 302, because it is beyond ever functioning as supposed to (meaning: with the decent firmware and programs to go with it).
Next you buy yourself another ereader with the refunds. Don't buy PB again though.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #32
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
thats actually why they moved production to Foxconn.
So, you're saying PB continued to sell 302s knowing they had reliability issues, to unsuspecting buyers?

And because they were working on new products, quietly decided to orphan the 302, despite promises otherwise? It sounds like a very cynical and myopic business plan, and one that is guaranteed to give them a bad (worse?) name, harming future company development.

Cheers,
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #33
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I received mine (with screen issue still) last summer...it also has a card-reader issue. I've been waiting for the update w/ keyboard before I bother spending the money to send it down the US for repair (I don't believe there's a CDN service center) and get dinged with duty etc. on it's return. I don't know if I want to sing more money into this device.

Oh...the first one I'd received had a defective button.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #34
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no - I'm saying that for the new devices they needed/desired a certain level of quality control that was unavailable from Netronix at the volumes they needed. What was "good enough" a year ago isnt any longer.

It's neither cynical nor myopic to put out new products that are better than your previous products. I agree that the 302 situation is not up to the standards their customers expect and it should be addressed before any other customer service issue. But problems with existing product can not hinder the design and production of new product.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #35
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
But they will hinder sales of new products to 302 users.
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #36
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, they will.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #37
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheated, misled, fooled. We were. By Pocketbook. If they did it once to us PB302 owners, they will do it again. They are in the business of selling whatever, even crap.
I will never spend a dime on Pocketbook again. And strongly advice others to seriously think twice before doing so!
COMPENSATION!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #38
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
<snip>

It's neither cynical nor myopic to put out new products that are better than your previous products.<snip>
Hi Dulin, et al,

I must have worded things poorly: the criticism was directed at selling a product they knew to be of inferior quality and that they had little or no apparent intention of supporting. That is a cynical and myopic approach to business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
But they will hinder sales of new products to 302 users.
Exactly. And prospective buyers of any of PB's other products.

Cheers,
Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #39
adbosch
Addict

And the PB302 is still for sale. With the same promises. While it is discontinued. Where are the ethics of this company? This is a purely and solely dollar driven sales policy.
COMPENSATION!!!

Last edited by adbosch; 02-03-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #40
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
They SHOULD NOT. PVI/Eink told me in person last May, at a conference in Seattle, that they had corrected the problem and it would not occur again in the future. Of course there is always the chance that QC there will take a vacation again.

that warning is part of a bunch of boilerplate that gets stuck in everything now. can't really do anything about lawyers.
But since there is a warning, if there is a problem with the screen it won't be covered by the warranty.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #41
Dulin's Books
Wizard

It will be if there is an issue. I pushed for my Onyx customers that were effected(when Onyx themselves were having a hard time getting PVI to even admit the issue) and I will push for for all of my customers in this regard. all of the retailers should. Its a defect that should not happen.

Adbosch- Because unless it has the sun light fading issue, and again many brands were struck by this, it works as is. Some retailers still have quantities they want to sell. There is nothing wrong with them selling, or trying to sell, what they have left in inventory.

Mick- I believe that they do have intentions to support it, but things just havent gone well and they have got quite behind. but thats just my take on the situation from out here, i cant speak for their internal company thoughts.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 02-03-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #42
adbosch
Addict

Trying to sell unsupported hardware with a promise of decent wifi, bluetooth, browser, rss, writing app. 'It is all in development and soon to come.' Right. None of these will ever see the light of day. And we all know it. That's what's wrong with it. PB should recall all remaining units asap. That's the way to go! And arrange a decent trade-in for silly clients like me who were stupid enough to buy this failure called PB302.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Do you see, odd I’m thought, that the these ware sell dealer nor producer...
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Who are you, PocketBook USA who joined in january 2011 and totally, but so very totally misses the point. PB302 owners have been sold crap, and the only solution is a decent replacement/trade-in. Where are the other, old-time PB representatives?
adbosch, please calm down.
First: you 302 owners are not forgotten and you may be up for a few positive surprises soon.
Second: Please give our helping hands a chance to get a grip on things before slaughtering them verbally.

Everybody is still here but PB is growing up and a few people are not able to be online for user support here that much. That may mean that some new faces may be popping up. We are still as user friendly as ever and want to listen to our user's desires and problems.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #45
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
Do you see, odd I’m thought, that the these ware sell dealer nor producer...
Beg your pardon? I don't get your drift!
Closed Thread