Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #46
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
sorry but I'm not entirely sure what happens if you do ln -s on a vfat filesystem. I did this before on the pocketbook and then deleted that symlink and rather unpleasant things happened. so this was the very reason why I refrained from doing it in my hack. I guess as long as you remove the symlink via the rsh or directly from the computer you should be save.

So does it work? If it works then it should even work after a reset.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #47
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
sorry but I'm not entirely sure what happens if you do ln -s on a vfat filesystem. I did this before on the pocketbook and then deleted that symlink and rather unpleasant things happened. so this was the very reason why I refrained from doing it in my hack. I guess as long as you remove the symlink via the rsh or directly from the computer you should be save.

So does it work? If it works then it should even work after a reset.
well, it's too late for doubts, anyway...
As long as I can see it works. for sake of curiosity, what "unpleasant things" happened?

Edit:
I'm googling around and it seems it cannot work... hilarious. Well, we'll see.

Last edited by preempalver; 03-21-2011 at 07:02 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #48
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
SDK will be out within a month
yes, mr. mtravellerh, you said again not the truth. The "month" has passed, and there is still no SDK.
cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #49
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipri View Post
yes, mr. mtravellerh, you said again not the truth. The "month" has passed, and there is still no SDK.
Unfortunately, as expected (just my opinion).
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote