Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Activity light always lit on wife's new JBL

Not sure how to solve this issue. Activity light is continuously flashing.

Can anyone assist please?

cheers and thanks
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could try the reset to defaults and reflash of the NOR and cleaning the internal
memory (after copying it to a hard drive) and running ChkDsk on it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=91

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheers Ken

I will do that
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
On my Libre, resetting only caused the flashing to stop for a little while. It would always start up again. Of course, I'm not sure if it is the same on the Jetbook. My led is now covered with electrical tape.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
...I'm not sure if it is the same on the Jetbook. My led is now covered with electrical tape.
It is. Same here.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The occasional flashing while reading a book or the more frequent flashing while a book
is loading, is normal. If you find that annoying, then covering it with tape or paint might
make sense. If it is "continuously flashing" after the page number counting is finished,
then there is something wrong.

It flashes when the JBL is accessing memory, so reformatting and rebuilding the memory
structure offers a chance of correcting the problem.

If I were to cover the indicator, I would just paint over the part that faces forward and
leave the little bit on the top of the bezel uncovered. I would probably use some of that
liquid tape made to waterproof boat trailer electrical connections, it comes in several
colors. The paint-on handle dip coating would be another possibility. Maybe nail polish?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
sabredog

The flashing initially was continuous and not related to any activity, eg turning a page, going to menu items etc.

I took out the batteries, put a freshly charged set in and it hung. on being switched back on. Re-booted the device again and all is good.

No idea what happened, but at this stage her JBL is working and the activity light is blinking at the right times!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
It's the same with my regular Jetbook. Very irritating. The constant flashing (about every 2 secs) started after I upgraded from 0.33g to 0.35.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #9
MLXXXp
Enthusiast
MLXXXp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nokia N800
My Libre goes into "continuous flashing" mode occasionally. This has occurred with all firmware versions that I've used including the latest, v0.18g patch v18.

Almost always, exiting all the way back to the main menu and then opening the book again, waiting on each menu page to make sure it's not flashing continuously, will solve the problem.

If this doesn't work, one of the following procedures to make the flashing stop, has always worked for me:

- Go back to the main menu, open a different book, then go back to the main menu and open the problem book, as above. Opening a book of a different type, e.g. a PDF when trying to fix an ePub, may increase the chances of this working.

- Go to the main menu and reset the device, using the reset button on the back. This will reset your user settings to factory defaults but that's how I leave my unit, so it's not very inconvenient for me.

- Reset the unit as above and then use one of the exit/re-open techniques above.

Note again that this is for a Libre. It may not apply to the Jetbooks.
MLXXXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #10
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Normally going back to the top of the menu, and go back to the same book would calm the continuous blinking.

Now I hate to hop from book to book, because more often than not, I'd have to fix the blinking light all over again.

I don't put a tape over the light yet, because I figure the blinking would drain the battery. So I want to fix it every time it happens.

But it is @#&^%(# irritating.

greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
sabredog

My wife fired up her new JBL last night, expecting it to be at the page she left it. Nope, locked up on main menu.

Resetting it fixed that issue. She s using her older JBL currently as it seems more reliable.

Strange behaviour of the new JBL has me a tad perplexed. Short of updating the firmware, I am not sure what the next step will be as yet.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
My activity light flashes on my Libre Pro. It seems to start when you lose one bar on the battery indicator.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote