Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
PeterButler
PeterButler began at the beginning.

Device: windows 10
Pixel scroll driven by mouse scroll wheel

I’m looking for a pixel scroll driven by the mouse scroll wheel. And possibly, a pixel scroll using the up/down keys. I had hoped such a thing would already exist in the Windows version of Calibre. That sounds like a feature request.

But I am willing to help.

But I don’t know where to start.

Once started, I would look at the smooth auto-scroll and try to drive that code not from a timer but from the scroll wheel.

Experience: COBOL (but likely not useful here), OS level mainframe assembly language, Real-Time control of wafer fab equipment, quite good at doing big things in small places on microcontrollers (I know, too much history.) Perhaps more useful is C/C++, some java, Perl, and Python.

I need at least some direction.
PeterButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I assume you are talkig about the viewer, if so, it already pixel scrolls with the wheel in flow mode.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #3
PeterButler
PeterButler began at the beginning.

Device: windows 10
It scrolls by a minimum of 2 lines on my laptop per mouse wheel click. I want it to scroll on command much like it auto-scrolls, by pixel slowly.
PeterButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need a mouse wheel that generates high precision scroll events for that, for example, it does exactly that with the touchpad on my laptop when using two finger scroll
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scrollmotion