Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Fire HD8 (7th gen) battery usage

I have been using it infrequently - I had it in the ‘Fire Dock’ for about a year (which turns it into a sort of Echo Show), but for last few weeks it is just sitting around.

Battery seems to drain pretty fast in ‘sleep’ mode compared to other things (iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab), maybe 20% every 24h. Has the battery capacity diminished due to its long stint in the dock (where it had constant power), or are there some services I can turn off? (I don’t want to turn off WiFi or BT).

I have Automatic Smart Suspend On FWIW.

Short of some other mitigation, I suppose I’ll have to power it down completely so that the battery doesn’t go to zero if I don’t plug it in for a few days.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:03 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
in my experience, even from new, you get 10% overnight standby drain with HD8. so 20% after a years use is not unreasonable.
turn off alexa may help a little ( if you set parental control ) that disables it.
otherwise, power it off as you say
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert