Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Koreader on Onyx Boox Nova Pro questions

I'm loving koreader again (used in in the past on other ereaders), but have two issues that, if solved, would make it perfect for me.

First is the top bar type size. ["cre_header_status_font_size"] = 14, in settings.reader.lua doesn't have any effect.

Second is that I use this remote:
https://www.amazon.com/LZYDD-Wireles...460264&sr=8-10

Volume up and down turn the pages forward and back, which is fine, but the shutter is easier to use because of size. In other programs (Moon +, for instance) the shutter activates page forward. In koreader it causes not only a page forward, but also a toggle of the screen touch. Once will toggle it on or off and turn the page; the next press will toggle it back and turn another page forward. I'd really like to inactivate that touch toggle.

On the Nova Pro I'm not getting a menu option for the screensaver, but it's picking up the system screensaver which I save as a screenshot of the book cover. Having the screensaver menu option would be nice and I'd love to have the book cover shown without having to make a screenshot every time I change books, but the other two are more important to me.

Any ideas would be most welcome! Thanks!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi jscris. I don't know anything about your first issue, but you can search if it is already reported in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues

Regarding your 2nd issue. I made the change based on a user request. See what the change does here. The Pull request itself is here.

Sadly android is hard to do right from KOReader POV, so any help to make this option (disable touch with a hw key) switchable would be awesome.

Your 3rd option cannot be fixed as KOReader does not control screensaver behaviour on Android and won't be able to do it.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Hi jscris. I don't know anything about your first issue, but you can search if it is already reported in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues

Regarding your 2nd issue. I made the change based on a user request. See what the change does here. The Pull request itself is here.

Sadly android is hard to do right from KOReader POV, so any help to make this option (disable touch with a hw key) switchable would be awesome.

Your 3rd option cannot be fixed as KOReader does not control screensaver behaviour on Android and won't be able to do it.
Thank you!
Old 10-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
jscris
Addict

Quote:

Switchable would be great! Or, in my case, just reverse the change and go back prior to 9/18 (approx. change date). Really, that's the only thing that's bothering me a lot. Thanks for the info. At least I now know the cause.

I did get the header type larger. Not sure what I was doing wrong before.

Last edited by jscris; 10-31-2019 at 07:28 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-31-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please use https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.08 while we're waiting for help. Feel free to open a new ticket in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues
Old 10-31-2019, 10:14 PM   #6
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Please use https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.08 while we're waiting for help. Feel free to open a new ticket in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues
Okay. Changed to 2019.08 but touch toggle remains using the camera button. Lost ability to have the two-line footer, apparently, and don't see what to change to remove the touch toggle. Will open a ticket tomorrow. Thank you!

UPDATE: I've opened a ticket. Curious about why the switch to 2019.08. I had tried going back to a 2018 version to get rid of it, but there were too many other nice changes I missed.

Really appreciate the help!

UPDATE: Had tried event_map.lua and input.lua and did again with no luck, but went back one previous to 2019.07 and it's gone. If there's a way to toggle or get rid of it in later versions that will be great as I like recent enhancements, but I'll stay on 2019.07 until then.

Last edited by jscris; 11-01-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
jscris
Addict

Quote:
It's fixed for me. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5558

Not a toggle, but I'm happy!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro

Have fun!!!

Thanks to poire-z, which is both extremely useful helping people and improving one of the best epub2 readers out there.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #9
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Have fun!!!

Thanks to poire-z, which is both extremely useful helping people and improving one of the best epub2 readers out there.
I second that!
Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #10
jscris
Addict

Works great on the 35470562 nightly!