Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Calibre Companion on inkBOOK Obsidian

I just purchased an inkBOOK Obsidian, having previously used a Kindle Paperwhite. I have little experience with Android, but I'm pretty tech savvy. I got the Obsidian because I wanted an eInk device I could run Calibre Companion on. When I search the "Midiapolis App Store" (the app store included on the device), I can only find the demo version of CC, which lets you sync 20 books to the device. That worked flawlessly; unfortunately, there's no in-app purchase option for the full version of CC, and the full version apparently isn't available on the Midiapolis App Store. How can I go about installing the full version of Calibre Companion (or a different app store that has the full version of CC) on the inkBOOK?

Thanks in advance,
mdclanahan
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
You have two options. You can install the Amazon Appstore (free, doesn't require root) and see if it has the full version of CC. If so, you're in luck. If not, you'll need Google Play Store installed (because CC will phone home every now and then to check for a valid license). That will require root.

Fortunately, that isn't hard. Here you'll find instructions for how to root your device and install Play Store using the T6X Toolkit. I believe that your inkBook is based on the Boyue T62/T63, so this method should work for you. You could check out the thread or post a question there to make sure before trying. If this doesn't work, there are several other methods our there to root your device and then to manually install Play Store.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre companion, inkbook, midiapolis app store