Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
momtodogs
Lovin' the e-life!!!
momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini
Question Where to download books for Sony eReaders

Several years ago, I gave my aunt a Sony PRS-600 reader. I was talking with her the other day, and she said that she hasn't been able to get books for it for some time.

Where can she download books, now, for a Sony reader? I don't use a Sony anymore, and mostly get my books from Amazon, but Sony readers don't take the Kindle format.

momtodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
First things first: what does she like to read?

I ask that because it will help me point her to publishers and stores that sell DRM-free ebooks. Here are my five favorites.

Next: Have her install Adobe DE, and see if the app will recognize the Sony Reader. If the app does recognize the Sony Reader, then she can buy DRMed ebooks from Kobo, Google, and many other ebookstores. Those books can be loaded on to the Sony Reader using Adobe DE.

BTW, does the thing even still work?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I have a PRS600 (sorry, guess it's a 650), it was my main ereader up until about a year ago when I decided to get something with a better screen. Still have the 600 around here somewhere.

Anyway, I now have a Sony T3 and I buy ebooks from Kobo and B&N and Allromanceebooks. Most ebooks are available in EPUB format and can easily be put on the Sony. Especially if you do as suggested and get ADE to recognize the Sony reader, then you wouldn't have to worry about DRM.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
gurion
gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2o
Epub books can be downloaded from library (via computer).
Kindle-format books can be converted to epub after they been freed from DRM.
gurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I buy epubs for Sony PRS-T1 from Google Play and booksamillion.com
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
cin
cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!cin My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: PRS-505, Galaxy T3/10
Still using the PRS-505. I use the Public Library/OverDrive for books. Download books to the computer then hook up the Reader via USB cable and copy from the Reader Library.

Note: I know I have Adobe's Digital Editions installed and authorized on the computer. It is tied into the Reader Library. This is the method I've gotten used to.
cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:39 AM   #7
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I too still use my 505 that I bought in march 2008, as my main reader. I get my books from Kobe bookstore.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I posted a longer answer over on my blog.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Strange nobody mentioned this link
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote