Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #61
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Patricia - gone!
I'm really sorry to hear this.
She will be very much missed here, not least by me.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #62
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
That is really tragic and sad news.

Fare well, Patricia and thank you for all the work and good influence you left here! You had already been missed and will remain here in many ways.

My condolences go to her familiy and friends.

(And thank you for your posting, Zelda.)

Regards

beachwanderer
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #63
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Sad as losing someone dear to almost everyone on MR, and likely all she knew in the flesh world, and I doubt anyone who ever read hear comments or directly interacted with Patricia could have a less than kind remembrances of her.

But most important of all, while she is dead and gone, yes we need to say it...she did something few people can say without a doubt, she made a difference in the world...in the whole world. Her tireless efforts in creating content for the MR library helped make available, in the complete spirit of Socrates and Aristotle, she made the ability to explore and learn free to anyone who wants it...

Perhaps it would be a wonderful thing to create a special "Patricia Wing" of the MR library? Not to be sad but, instead to remind and remember one of the reasons for living is to leave the world better for our having existed. Her work here was selfless and without seeking adulation's, but none the less her altruism is something each and everyone who visits needs to strive to match. That is the path to follow in life above all else. We exist to care for each other in whatever ways present themselves to us in our lives.

And oh, yeah, life needs to be fun and happy even when it's at it's worst...especially when it's at it's worst. So maybe consider creating a sort of "The Patricia Come as You Are Wing" in the the library or even a special section of The Lounge where the sort of kindness she exuded can be the prevailing method of discourse. Chat, share, cry, tease and enjoy. I know we already have The Lounge so maybe that would work...anyway just a thought...but nobody be sad, yes she is lost to us all now, but by her kindnesses she will genuinely live on through each individual AND via MR forever...what a wonderful thing to celebrate.

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-06-2010 at 03:34 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 AM   #64
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Zelda, not the easiest of tasks to perform; from my heart I give thanks to you for your fortitude and kind words in bringing this terrible news.

Patricia was a shining light in this community, never failing to welcome with her words, thoughts and deeds. Her book uploads will remain forever a symbol of a generous heart. If we can find some small way to honour her contribution to the store of books, I feel that we should do so as a lasting memory.

She will remain, forever, a watcher over this community, it will be diminished by her loss; but, I'm sure she would want mobileread to continue in the way that it has, to grow, to remain prominent in the world and to provide a valuable source for all that readers of books and their stories desire.

Please pass on my condolences to her partner, family and to those of us who got to know her personally.

Patricia,
May your guiding light forever shine over us.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 AM   #65
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
We all have the huge job ahead now ... of trying to live up to the shining example
Patricia so generously gave us. Love to her partner and to all her family and friends. Neil & Skovia x
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #66
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
It saddens me to hear of Patricia's passing.
My sincere condolences and thoughts go to all that knew and loved her.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #67
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I'd also like to add my condolences to her family and friends. Such a loss!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #68
alfatreze
alfatreze began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Despite not knowing her, I can only express my deepest feelings for her passing away, it is a dreadful thing to lose a friend, family or loved one. There is a void gained that can only be filled by the memories of the person, the smiles, the sorrows, the every touch, the every word, are all reminders of all that person was. And while the biological tricks of memory slowly fade away the details, the true smile that only comes from loving someone always stays true and never changes.

It is with almost tearful eyes that I express my simpathy for a person so obviously loved, and wish for her family and friends to surpass this loss and remember her always with the fondest memories of her fullness.
alfatreze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #69
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I am very saddened to hear the news. Patricia was so very kind and always helpful. I will think of her every time I open one of her beautifully formatted books.

Please give my condolences to her family and friends -- my thoughts and prayers are with them (and with her MR friends as well).
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #70
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
How very, very sad. My thoughts to her Partner and loved ones.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #71
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Desperately sad news Zelda. Thank you for keeping us informed. My condolences to her partner.
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Patricia will be missed. She was a very special person.

I just want to give my condolences to her family and close friends. Mr will not be the same.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #73
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
I can't really find the words, I'm not very good at saying the right thing in sad moments like these.

So, please let my silence speak for me.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #74
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
This is terrible news. Although I hadn't talked to Patricia much, I always respected her for her posts and uploads here. She was a good person - kind, generous, and level-headed.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #75
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
What sad news, she will be sorely missed by us all.

Condolences to her partner, family and all her loved ones.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote