Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-28-2023, 04:22 PM   #526
GentleBook
GentleBook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021 sig.
Hello everybody! I apologize if this question has been already asked, I searched inside the thread and did not find any correspondence.

I have portable caliber updated to last version, python 3.10.9 and obviously worddumb plugin! Recently often I got errors during x-raying ebooks (azw3 file type)

This is all the error message:

"Starting job: Generating X-Ray for *************
Job: "Generating X-Ray for ************" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 119, in do_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 58, in install_deps
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 167, in pip_install
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.utils", line 50, in run_subprocess
File "subprocess.py", line 524, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['py', '-m', 'pip', '--disable-pip-version-check', 'install', '-U', '-t', 'D:\\PORTATILE\\Calibre Portable\\Calibre Settings\\plugins\\worddumb-libs-py3.10', '--no-user', 'cupy-wheel==11.4.0']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Called with args: ((3121, 'AZW3', 'D:\\PORTATILE\\Calibre Portable\\Calibre Library\\*********\\********* (3121)\\************.azw3', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x000001BFDA70E770>, {'spacy': 'en_core_web_', 'wiki': 'en', 'kaikki': 'English', 'gloss': True, 'has_trf': True}), False, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001BFDA70E680>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000001BFCD75D510>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001BFCD75D1E0>}
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
exit code: 1

[26 lines of output]
[cupy-wheel] CUDA_PATH is not set.cupy-wheel may not be able to discover NVRTC to probe version
[cupy-wheel] Trying to detect CUDA version from libraries: ['nvrtc64_112_0.dll', 'nvrtc64_111_0.dll', 'nvrtc64_110_0.dll', 'nvrtc64_102_0.dll']
[cupy-wheel] Looking for library: nvrtc64_112_0.dll
[cupy-wheel] Failed to open nvrtc64_112_0.dll: Could not find module 'nvrtc64_112_0.dll' (or one of its dependencies). Try using the full path with constructor syntax.
[cupy-wheel] Looking for library: nvrtc64_111_0.dll
[cupy-wheel] Failed to open nvrtc64_111_0.dll: Could not find module 'nvrtc64_111_0.dll' (or one of its dependencies). Try using the full path with constructor syntax.
[cupy-wheel] Looking for library: nvrtc64_110_0.dll
[cupy-wheel] Failed to open nvrtc64_110_0.dll: Could not find module 'nvrtc64_110_0.dll' (or one of its dependencies). Try using the full path with constructor syntax.
[cupy-wheel] Looking for library: nvrtc64_102_0.dll
[cupy-wheel] Failed to open nvrtc64_102_0.dll: Could not find module 'nvrtc64_102_0.dll' (or one of its dependencies). Try using the full path with constructor syntax.
[cupy-wheel] No more candidate library to find
[cupy-wheel] ROCm detection unsupported on platform: win32
File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
File "<pip-setuptools-caller>", line 34, in <module>
File "C:\Users\lucam\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-puw4pqb6\cupy-wheel_8f72cdd3352d4fe080d332a6b280b3f5\setup.py", line 295, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\lucam\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-puw4pqb6\cupy-wheel_8f72cdd3352d4fe080d332a6b280b3f5\setup.py", line 276, in main
package = infer_best_package()
File "C:\Users\lucam\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-puw4pqb6\cupy-wheel_8f72cdd3352d4fe080d332a6b280b3f5\setup.py", line 252, in infer_best_package
raise AutoDetectionFailed(
__main__.AutoDetectionFailed:
================================================== ==========
Unable to detect NVIDIA CUDA or AMD ROCm installation.

[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed

Encountered error while generating package metadata.

See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.

I have installed latest nvidia drivers.

Could some good soul help me ?

Thank you..
GentleBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:12 PM   #527
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleBook View Post
Unable to detect NVIDIA CUDA or AMD ROCm installation.
Hi, you need to install CUDA(https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads) to use the "Run spaCy with GPU" feature.

Last edited by xxyzz; 01-28-2023 at 11:21 PM.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2023, 12:36 AM   #528
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Word Wise for non-English Kindle books feature is added to the master branch, please download from GitHub Actions Artifacts(https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ac...lows/tests.yml) to test this new feature.

The loading speed of customize Word Wise table is improved, and the table can be filtered by lemma, difficulty and enabled columns.

The translations of lemmas are not perfect but you can double click the text to edit the lemma column for non-English tables.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:38 PM   #529
domiten
domiten began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for that push! its exactly what I was looking for (well the next level would be having the gloss in another language too )

I did get this error when I tried to run it a second time
Quote:
Starting job: Saving customized lemmas
Job: "Saving customized lemmas" failed with error:
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.config", line 332, in dump_lemmas_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.utils", line 29, in run_subprocess
File "subprocess.py", line 501, in run
File "subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 1375, in _execute_child
File "subprocess.py", line 561, in list2cmdline
File "os.py", line 822, in fsdecode
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not tuple

Called with args: (True, WindowsPath('C:/Users/latob/AppData/Roaming/calibre/plugins/worddumb-lemmas/fr/kindle_fr_en_v0.db'), WindowsPath('C:/Users/latob/AppData/Roaming/calibre/plugins/worddumb-lemmas/fr/kindle_fr_en_dump_v0'), 'fr', 'en') {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001B371BBE200>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000001B371BBC640>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001B371BBEB30>}
Any time I changed the lemma language under "Customize Kindle Word Wise" or "Customize EPUB Wiktionary" after the first time I ran it; it keeps defaulting to catalan and not saving the state of the new language. The above error also appears
domiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 09:01 PM   #530
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by domiten View Post
(well the next level would be having the gloss in another language too )
Kindle supports Chinese definitions for Word Wise. For other languages that would require parsing non-English Wiktionary dump files and probably need to reverse-engineer some columns of the Word Wise klld database. Both are not trivial tasks.

Quote:
Any time I changed the lemma language under "Customize Kindle Word Wise" or "Customize EPUB Wiktionary" after the first time I ran it; it keeps defaulting to catalan and not saving the state of the new language. The above error also appears
This error is fixed on the master branch, last selected lemma language is also remembered. Please download the latest zip file from GitHub Actions.
Advert
Old 02-03-2023, 01:22 AM   #531
medinauta
medinauta began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 11th
Is there a way to make X-Ray check the Fandom for tv pages instead of landing on the disambiguation page with the tv show?

The Wikipedia results are so random with most names not found and the few it does have no relation with the book or are mis recognized by spaCy (CUDA is not an option for me since my pc is Intel).

Any advice?

medinauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:33 AM   #532
medinauta

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinauta View Post
Is there a way to make X-Ray check the Fandom for tv pages instead of landing on the disambiguation page with the tv show?

The Wikipedia results are so random with most names not found and the few it does have no relation with the book or are mis recognized by spaCy (CUDA is not an option for me since my pc is Intel).

Any advice?

https://imgur.com/NJO2w8W[/IMG]

https://imgur.com/V62N6qD
Old 02-03-2023, 07:32 AM   #533
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Any advice?
I pushed a commit https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co...11826f6ae82c6e to the master branch which will choose the most similar title in a Fandom disambiguation page. In this case , the "Amos Burton (Books)" page is used. And you also have to delete the old Fandom cache file in the "plugins/worddumb-fandom" folder(it's in the calibre configuration folder).

You can also use the "Customize X-Ray" feature to add character descriptions manually.

The test plugin zip file can be downloaded at GitHub: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ac...uns/4084130619

The master branch also has a new feature: finding Word Wise definition using the POS type.

Last edited by xxyzz; 02-03-2023 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:29 AM   #534
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
I guess you mean enable Word Wise on non-English books, right?
It's possible.
Quote:
Word Wise for non-English Kindle books feature is added to the master branch
Here is my experiment of a book in german (which I can't read):
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2023_02_04T08_51_10-0500.png
Views:	160
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	199456

Quote:
Thank you for that push! its exactly what I was looking for (well the next level would be having the gloss in another language too )
As explained by @xxyzz on Github. Can be done! Limited to few languages, and only for some specific Kindle dictionaries. Here is the above experiment with the gloss in french:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2023_02_04T08_51_50-0500.png
Views:	153
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	199457

Quote:
Kindle supports Chinese definitions for Word Wise. For other languages that would require parsing non-English Wiktionary dump files and probably need to reverse-engineer some columns of the Word Wise klld database. Both are not trivial tasks.
ACK. Sourcing from Kindle dictionary is far from usable. My experiment won't lead me to read in german anytime soon

Wikitionary is so much richer ...and unfortunately complex.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:06 AM   #535
medinauta

Quote:
The test plugin zip file can be downloaded at GitHub: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ac...uns/4084130619
Sorry but how do I download the plug-in zip file from there?
Old 02-07-2023, 05:49 AM   #536
domiten
domiten began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Here is my experiment of a book in german (which I can't read):
Attachment 199456

As explained by @xxyzz on Github. Can be done! Limited to few languages, and only for some specific Kindle dictionaries. Here is the above experiment with the gloss in french:
Attachment 199457

ACK. Sourcing from Kindle dictionary is far from usable. My experiment won't lead me to read in german anytime soon

Wikitionary is so much richer ...and unfortunately complex.
I know I'm asking for a lot, but is there any way to walk me/us through creating the gloss for other languages? I wasn't able to figure out how to do it by looking through the READMEs in github. My target is gloss in French for what its worth. I appreciate any help!
domiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:27 AM   #537
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
I know I'm asking for a lot, but is there any way to walk me/us through creating the gloss for other languages? I wasn't able to figure out how to do it by looking through the READMEs in github. My target is gloss in French for what its worth. I appreciate any help!
The instructions which I referenced from post #492 have been removed from the master branch by xxyzz.

I didn't ask xxyzz for permission but attached is a copy of his (now defunct) directory with instructions and code.

I presume 1) the results were not to his satisfaction 2) this method was too limited 3) he didn't want to maintain that code 4) he is contemplating the Wiktionary non-trivial approach in the future.

Asking for forgiveness, @xxyzz please advise if you want me to remove the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip klld.zip (3.4 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by PoP; 02-07-2023 at 08:36 AM. Reason: forgiveness asked
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #538
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Sorry but how do I download the plug-in zip file from there?
You can download the test zip file at the "Artifacts" card, a GitHub account is required though. If you don't have one, here is the latest build.
Attached Files
File Type: zip worddumb-23bf48e9c0d7fd65f3570e8507a030e6d7c5968d.zip (105.4 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-07-2023, 06:05 PM   #539
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
please advise if you want me to remove the attachment.
It's fine. In fact, the code still can be found in the git log. As you mentioned, the quality of the created dictionary file is not very good. And the code in that directory hasn't changed in a long time, it's already unmaintained.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:12 AM   #540
xxyzz
Evangelist

I finally figure out how to create Word Wise klld database, turns out those unknown columns doesn't matter. I have updated the Proficiency and WordDumb code to use newly created klld files from Wiktionary data for Kindle books.

Add support of other gloss languages now seems more feasible. I found this cool project: dbnary, they parses Wiktionary dump files in several languages and provides Turtle files which can be queried in RDF.

Tags
worddumb, x-ray