Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Question Anyone seen Cornell Woolrich?

I'm a major fan of Woolrich's work, but I can't track down any of his books, particularly "Night Has a Thousand Eyes" and his "Black" series. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Recommendations of similar authors/books also gladly accepted.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The only one I can find legitimately is Rendezvous in Black
http://inkmesh.com/ebooks/rendezvous...rnell+woolrich
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out right now.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I love his work and have read almost everything by him, in paper and in hardcover.

Don't forget his other two names:

William Irish, George Hopley.

A great mystery writer.

Don

Recommendations: I'm particularly fond of David Goodis. I've assembled a number of his books for MobileRead.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I love his work and have read almost everything by him, in paper and in hardcover.

They publish most of his stuff under his real name nowadays. But it's useful to know his pseudonyms if you're looking for used books.
What I really would like to see is the movie version of The Night Has a Thousand Eyes with Edward G Robinson.

Last edited by BenG; 03-09-2010 at 01:01 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
recluse
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

A great mystery writer.

Don

Recommendations: I'm particularly fond of David Goodis. I've assembled a number of his books for MobileRead.
I've only read 13 of his short stories and the novel "Fright".
I had totally forgotten his pen names. Many thanks!
I will definately check out Mr. Goodis' work. I appreciate the recommendation.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm a big fan too, so I'm keeping a close eye on this thread.

I do remember that his books were turned into ebooks a few years ago. Try fictionwise.com.

Just do some googling.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote