Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
On Pocket Pro watch!!!

Well, acording a mail i got yesterday from Astak (nice works guys/girls) my PP got shipped last friday, and now im waiting for it to arrive at my home (i live on Guadalajara, Mexico).

Ill be updating this until it reach my hands (and post if i get custom costs).

First update:

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

Your item is being processed by customs in MEXICO. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Into Foreign Customs, September 15, 2009, 7:28 am, MEXICO
Bullet Arrived Abroad, September 15, 2009, 7:26 am, MEXICO
Bullet International Dispatch, September 12, 2009, 10:52 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Bullet Arrival
Bullet Acceptance, September 11, 2009, 3:30 pm, SAN JOSE, CA 95101

Second Update:

I just logged the postal service of my country (http://www.sepomex.gob.mx/) and i got this putting the same tracking number:

Rastreo del Envío
Fecha Hora Origen Evento Destino
15/09/2009 10:01:27 COD Aereos Benito Juarez Enviado a Destino COR Guadalajara Jal
15/09/2009 09:37:24 MEXICO AEREO D.F. Salida de Aduana
15/09/2009 07:28:08 MEXICO AEREO D.F. Entrada en Aduana
15/09/2009 07:26:49 ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) Entrada al Pais MEXICO AEREO D.F.

Seems is flying to my city since 2 and a half hours ago now lets wait they dont last long until it reach my hands (and September 16 is a holiday [independence day in Mexico])

Last edited by Chiron; 09-15-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Updating info
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Good luck while it is in transit within Mexico... you know it can be lost, but I with you the best
by the way, it went through the aduana, but it doesn't say if you will be charged taxes for it, but since it was sent through USPS, it may not get inspected but the downside is that it probably will go through SEPOMEX....

I firmly believe that Mexico is not a 3rd-world country i many things, but in postal service it is .... is there a 4th-world category for postal service?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
I firmly believe that Mexico is not a 3rd-world country i many things, but in postal service it is .... is there a 4th-world category for postal service?
Yes, is called SEPOMEX

On a serious note, seems my parcel is in transit since yesterday around 10 AM and havent reach my city (that is 6-8 hours away by land and 1 hours by air), i want to think that is because today is independance day and people dont work, hopefully tomorrow or this friday ill get it into my hands.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
for you!!

**it is sooooo hard to wait.***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Yes, is called SEPOMEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post

On a serious note, seems my parcel is in transit since yesterday around 10 AM and havent reach my city (that is 6-8 hours away by land and 1 hours by air), i want to think that is because today is independance day and people dont work, hopefully tomorrow or this friday ill get it into my hands.
do you seriously expect anyone to work today? I am only working today because am at the other side of the fence
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Any news?
Good thing to know that USPS packages are going through Sepomex. In the future I will carefully avoid it.

On the other hand I never had any trouble with Estafeta (they owns merkalink), DHL, Senda or any of the private groups here.

I hope you will not have any trouble with the case finish either.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader

Well, like i said before, the parcel arrived to Mexico DF Sept/15 around 7:26 AM, entered customs 2 minutes later, leaved customs at 9:37 AM and got send to my city at 10:01 AM (all in the same day).

Now is Sept/20 and still shows:

15/09/2009 10:01:27 COD Aereos Benito Juarez Enviado a Destino COR Guadalajara Jal

No update yet

Last edited by Chiron; 09-20-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Fix wrong info
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
nothing like the waiting on your new toys!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
nothing like the waiting on your new toys!!
Better when you get to play with it. Given that this is my first device, I've just finished my second novel on it, and absolutely loving it.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
I finally decided and bought my first e-reader (after long, long consideration, comparison and drooling over the pictures posted here and there on MR) and it's a black pocket pro I do hope it will arrive soon, I'm so anxious!!! And, most important, I hope it will be ok, no battery problem or other issues
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #11
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader

Where are you from usagi_chan? I hope you are not from Mexico, my Blue PP got shipped from Mexico DF to Guadalajara September 15 at 10:01 AM and today is 21 and still havent reach my city =( [curse you Sepomex ]

EDIT: Nvm, i see you are from Rumania, lucky you dont need to wait a lot because you got a good postal service
Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Mine just came.

Hope I have no battery problems.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #13
SDRebel
Addict

I wish everyone has battery problems like me *evil*

just kidding, of course
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Should be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_chan View Post
I finally decided and bought my first e-reader (after long, long consideration, comparison and drooling over the pictures posted here and there on MR) and it's a black pocket pro I do hope it will arrive soon, I'm so anxious!!! And, most important, I hope it will be ok, no battery problem or other issues
Dear gi chan:

You ordered black so there was never any problem with the finish on the white and the black. NO reviewer has had the slightest problem with the battery so I do not think you should find any. I expect what you will find is a wonderful device that is fast and does everything well. If this is your first eBook Reader... I am positive you made a great choice and you will love it when it arrives.

If I was you I would start putting my MP3 music onto an SD card and getting all set for it. The stereo is just wonderful on the Pocket PRO. Please read the FAQ sheet posted under support on our website (www.theEZreader.com) as it is filled with helpful hints and will make you much more comfortable with the Pocket PRO. It is a great product and you will agree when you receive it!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
My wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
I wish everyone has battery problems like me *evil*

just kidding, of course
I wish that you never have another battery problem!

I am SO sorry, SD Rebel. I have sent out a good thirty to reviewers and they are all perfect. I have plugged in and tested a good 40 additional here and the batteries are perfect.

This does NOT make it any easier for you, I know. Have you called yet?? We aim to make you happy! 1-866-368-8788
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote