Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #646
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
Beg your pardon?
Why is it severely not standard?

The above refers to authors, not authors_sort in case this is the reason you are surprised.
Authors_sort seems to be ok BTW. But I'd like to swap it in authors and if there is just one name or two and both with comma there is no problem.

I almost never use the tag browser and I would not know what for? Renaming with the tag browser? *confused*
Because you have 2 differing name formats for a single book

if they were both Fn Ln
or
Ln, Fn ,

that would be a normal expectation and the PI could do the flip
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #647
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@theducks/shyguy - That functionality works fine for me (non-portable), and I just grabbed the latest calibre source code. I don't know if Kovid temporarily removed that function and put it back or ?

@manawydan - as the ducks says your problem is non-standard because it is *highly* unusual to have differing author naming conventions on the same book, of LN,FN and FN LN combined. It is such a tiny use case I didn't bother with trying to cater for it in the plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #648
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
Still wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifka View Post
One more question. And I'm putting it here because I think using the Search epub function of Quality Check is the only way to do it. I have a pile of history books and I am looking for a several specific names in them. But I want it to find that exact match. So for example how can I get it to find Jane but not Janet or West but not Western.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can do this, it will save me hours.

Can someone answer this question for me?
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #649
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Add a trailing (white)space

Jane\s
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #650
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Or possibly, \bJane\b i.e. Jane with a word boundary char at each end.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #651
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Because you have 2 differing name formats for a single book
Ah, now I get it.

Yes it is unusual and luckily it does not happen often.

It's certainly nothing I want but when you bulk add books it sometimes happens. Don't know if people do not edit their database before sharing books or don't have any db at all or whatever the reason is.

So I can only correct it manually, ok.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #652
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
I really appreciate your plugin. I like "check excess tags", but i miss something like "check book with just one tag". Most of my ebook should have at least two tags: "fiction" or "non-fiction" and genre etc. So i would like to see every book with just one tag. Thanx
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #653
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
I really appreciate your plugin. I like "check excess tags", but i miss something like "check book with just one tag". Most of my ebook should have at least two tags: "fiction" or "non-fiction" and genre etc. So i would like to see every book with just one tag. Thanx
@samy2 - meanwhile here's a workaround idea

You can create a 'virtual column' based on a template - {tags:count(,)} - you can sort & search on it, and/or include it in the Tag Browser as a special category

See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/temp...custom-columns

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	111708  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #654
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@samy2 - meanwhile here's a workaround idea

You can create a 'virtual column' based on a template - {tags:count(,)} - you can sort & search on it, and/or include it in the Tag Browser as a special category
Alternatively you could simply go to the tag browser and under the Alter Tag Browser button at the bottom of the tag browser change Sort by to Sort by popularity. Now simply review every tag that has a 1 next to it (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tagbrowser.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	111711  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #655
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Alternatively you could simply go to the tag browser and under the Alter Tag Browser button at the bottom of the tag browser change Sort by to Sort by popularity. Now simply review every tag that has a 1 next to it (see attached).
This does not work for me. I don't wanna this which tag is used how often, but which book with just one tag.

@BetterRed

This works fine to me. Thanks!

Last edited by samy2; 09-21-2013 at 09:21 AM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #656
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Your right, I should know better than to answer post after I've been up all night.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #657
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@samy2 - there is an easier way than creating a custom column. Just set your excess tags in the Quality Check options to 1. Run the Excess tags check. Then change the search expression to this:
Code:
not marked:excess_tags tags:true
This is saying you dont want any books that have more than one tag, AND you want books tagged with at least one tag - i.e. you end up with books that have just one tag.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #658
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@samy2: if all you want is books with one tag, use the search
Code:
tags:#=1
which finds all books with exactly one tag. You can books with one or two tags where no tag is "bar" with
Code:
tags:#<=2 and not tags:=bar
and so on.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #659
kiwidude

haha, even easier from chaley. I did wonder if there was a way of doing it directly with the search syntax but was too lazy to check... nice
Old 09-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #660
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darn, I tried the hash before the colon

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote