Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #16
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
I hope this rumor is more than a rumor.
Sony Reader in Canada would solve all my problems!

Edit: Just noticed the dates. Maybe no reader after all
crazyTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyTash View Post
I hope this rumor is more than a rumor.
Sony Reader in Canada would solve all my problems!

Edit: Just noticed the dates. Maybe no reader after all
Well... not quite. It's been noticed that there now is some French text on the boxes, a departure from the older ones. Ring a bell?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 AM   #18
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Maybe, maybe not... See this from last March, which mentions the Canadian FCC approval.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Maybe, maybe not... See this from last March, which mentions the Canadian FCC approval.
I wouldn't read too much into that. Looking at the backside of my PRS500 I see the Canadian FCC approval mark and the CE mark (Europe's version of the U.S.'s Underwriter's Laboratory, for those who don't know the initials off the top of their heads).

Those tell me that the original Reader hardware was approved by the governments of both Canada and Europe before it ever launched a year and a half ago. But still we wait.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
yeah, there is a huge time gap between a product being approved and the product going into circulation. When I said "no reader after all" I meant to say "No reader anytime in the near future" Near future would roughly be the next year or so.
I doubt I can wait longer than that to get my reader
crazyTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert