Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #1696
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6+, Voyage, Fire TV, Echo and Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I just want to turn off my bedroom light without getting up. I have simple needs.
Me too! I put one bulb in the light fixture in my bedroom so I could turn it on or off when I need to get up in the night. The switch is a ways from the bed. I put another on my front porch and I can turn it on or off and set the brightness from anywhere. I also like that my bulbs can be set to timers. My porch light is set to come on each night at sunset and turn off each morning at sunrise. The bulb gets the sunrise/sunset info daily and updates accordingly. Pretty cool.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	porch-light.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	155843  
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #1697
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Me too! I put one bulb in the light fixture in my bedroom so I could turn it on or off when I need to get up in the night. The switch is a ways from the bed. I put another on my front porch and I can turn it on or off and set the brightness from anywhere. I also like that my bulbs can be set to timers. My porch light is set to come on each night at sunset and turn off each morning at sunrise. The bulb gets the sunrise/sunset info daily and updates accordingly. Pretty cool.
My porch light does the same, no wifi needed.
https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-2-Pack-B...dp/B01IN0I2F8/
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #1698
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy J7, & an iPod Nano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Sharpe, the OP, merely stated:

Since the OP never states that the word computer was spoken, how do you therefore KNOW the word computer was used? I hope you are not a lawyer, nor a scientist as far as that goes. Perhaps if the OP stated that word was used, but since this thread is filled with posts stating Alexa heard a word that was never spoken, it would be merely an assumption to think it was. They might have been selling blenders or Instant Pots for all we know.

Take another look at the attached. graphic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1490653406.904185.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	155845
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote