Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
iRex 800, iRex 1000 cases?

I've been trying to find somewhere online that is currently selling cases for the iRex DR800, and the iRex DR1000, but I am unable to find any for sale. Is anyone aware of somewhere that might sell them?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:17 AM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I've been trying to find somewhere online that is currently selling cases for the iRex DR800, and the iRex DR1000, but I am unable to find any for sale. Is anyone aware of somewhere that might sell them?
I was looking for such cases a few years ago, and found nothing especially made for these devices - no wonder, they have been out of production for years. Fortunately, there are a lot of generic tablet cases out there - you just need to make sure to get the right size.
The DR1000 is the trickier one, but I found one that fits perfectly:

http://www.mline.com/epages/mlineB2C...ectID=22011932

Other generic cases made for 12-inch tablets might fit, too.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I figured that they would be hard if not impossible to find, but it never occurred to me that I might able to use another devices' case. Thanks for the suggestion.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:14 AM   #4
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
In case this is still of interest (oh, pun intended ; )
In 2020, the people at SolidFX still have them DR800 cases listed in their website, and I made (and will probably make again) my own cases for my DR1000s. I only took pictures of the first prototype back then (you'll find the SolidFX link there as well), but I could upload pics of the final model (rather worn out by now ; )
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:58 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I don't think people will scramble to get their hands on those, but it's nice to know someone still at least remembers that fascinating device.
My wife still has one in a drawer somewhere, I must remind her to charge it...
I made a case for it as well, much less professional than yours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #6
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Remember? I use it daily. Everyone who's serious about reading in my family got one, or two, and I got replacements for all, for life...

Which reminds me that, now that I found time to get me a soldering station, I really should be reviving a couple of boards with torn off USB ports and such. Sigh.

So... I just posted pics of my DR1000 case/bag, finished ;p
Old 01-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #7
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Remember? I use it daily. Everyone who's serious about reading in my family got one, or two, and I got replacements for all, for life...
wow..And i don't see you listing any other devices too.
Hats off to your dedication

nice to see you are keeping the Irex alive.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #8
MrWarper
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
And I don't see you listing any other devices too.
Because I don't use any, yet

However...
Quote:
Hats off to your dedication
Thank you, but please don't misunderstand -- 'dedication' would imply I am making some effort to go on, when it's actually the complete opposite: I just keep using/doing what works for me because even physically fixing stuff by myself, and the occasional file format bump, pose less of an effort than trying to play catch up with other stuff I don't really need or care about (like online ebook stores, and their policies).

Also, iRex going belly up let me get a gazillion devices for very little money (compared to prices while they were in business, anyway): I see there are possibly suitable replacements for the DRs (in terms of size and capabilities) in the market now, but even at their current prices, cheaper than iRex's back in the day, there is no way I could have acquired a stock of devices like mine. Hadn't that happened, we could possibly be using a very limited bunch of some other 8/10" devices now, and worrying about their potential life time, etc.

You could have seen some dedication (new stuff being developed for the DRs), but unfortunately I jumped in while most of the possible audience and other developers were on their way out, so too late -- working around limitations of the DRs outside their realm is easier than setting up a full-fledged developers' environment and learning to code something that only maybe ten people in the world will use in the end
Old 01-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
I somehow share this feeling / devotion for iRex devices.
My reading vices are fully fullfiled by Kobo nowdays, my last 2-3 ereaders are kobo, but it's nothing compared to the special feel I got with my iLiad many-many years ago and then the illusion with the DR800.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote