Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Buckskin
Buckskin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Select box Edit Problem in Win 10

Ever since v4.2 of Calibre I have had a problem with data entry into the selection boxes in the Edit Metadata popup (Tags, Author, Series). I can only enter text by mouse clicking after each key.

This is obviously only a problem with my system as otherwise I am sure others would be mentioning it.

My request is; what changed after version 4.2 that would cause my system to have this issue. If there was something, I can maybe change my system to get around the problem.

Thank You
Buckskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
How do you move between fields in the MDE?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
Buckskin

Mouse.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have you tried running in safe mode, ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...63#post3919263

Post 126

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is some program on your computer interfering with calibre run in safe mode and see if the problem disappears to confirm.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I have the exact same problem. I did not try the safe mode reboot as I figured for now it's not a huge deal (worse comes to worst, pasting in the edit box still works so...).
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
Buckskin

Problem Resolved

Thank you for the replies.

However, I have not changed anything on my system (that I am aware of) but today the problem went away. (I didn't get round to trying Safe Mode to see if that was a solution).

So - I have no idea what the issue was, but it is now resolved.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Possibly something that auto-updates, e.g. security suites, browsers, cloud storage etc, have a look in Control Panel->Programs and Features.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote