Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
Smile no more updates...??

OK! First, I found the Kobo reader is another Netronix based model, a simplified version of the Cool-er....

IT has been Five months since Cooler last released some update... no new model release or any new firmware...

The Kobo reader has ability to zoom in pdfs, with a better navigation method than the Cooler...

I wonder what has happen to the company after the coming of Ipads...

any one know?

PS.
I got myself an ipad and it is good to surf net but not good for reading.

E-ink device under 250 gram are true readers...

jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
I think they're still working on the 3G version at the moment.

I don't know if I'd say the Kobo is a simplified version of a Cool-ER, like you say it has a different sort of interface and pdf handling - but yeah it is another Netronix.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote