Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #361
nogodan1234
nogodan1234 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
Thanks a lot davidfor for the info. You are legend. Mission Completed.
nogodan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:20 AM   #362
mrjappe
mrjappe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Dear Davidfor,

Can you please provide me the SD card image for the Kobo Glo (N613)? Thank you very much!
mrjappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #363
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:49 AM   #364
mrjappe
mrjappe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you very much!
mrjappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #365
bigdata_au
bigdata_au began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Hi. My Kobo Glo N613 won't boot and the reset methods don't work just blue light for about 10 seconds. Partition manager shows IO errors for the SD card and no partitions, sd image creator crashes attempting to create an image so I guess the card is stuffed. Can I please have an image to write to a new SD card? Regards
bigdata_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #366
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #367
bigdata_au
bigdata_au began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
My Kobo Glo is resurrected via a new SD card and fresh image. Many thanks.
bigdata_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #368
wagmic1
wagmic1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I have the same problem my SD is corrupt,
i have clone the kobo firmware on a new sd but it doesn't work
maybe Mr Daviflor can give me a fresh image for my GLO
Merci d'avance
wagmic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #369
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:33 PM   #370
wagmic1

thanks a lot mr daviflor but it doesnt work for me i don't know why
my sd card was 4 giga
i just done : sudo dd if=glo_factory_serial0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M && sync
as i always do with linux distro (i am under debian) and i can see the firmare install in the card
but my glo don't boot
an idea ??
Old 02-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #371
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagmic1 View Post
thanks a lot mr daviflor but it doesnt work for me i don't know why
my sd card was 4 giga
i just done : sudo dd if=glo_factory_serial0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M && sync
as i always do with linux distro (i am under debian) and i can see the firmare install in the card
but my glo don't boot
The command looks OK and if you can view the root partition on the device afterwards, it should be OK. But, I'm by no means an expert on that side of things.

You should check the card is inserted correctly and the cables are all connected. I've done both of those and wasted far to much time before I remembered to check. And check the switch. You shouldn't have needed to pull it apart, but, it can get out of alignment when opening the device. Done that as well.

But, what does happen? Does the power LED turn on? Or flash? Screen change? Anything? If it seems to be starting, then do the manual factory reset. If it seems to be starting, try a manual factory reset. That can fix things and is probably a good idea anyway.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #372
wagmic1

hello davifor maybe i don't ask for the good firmware my kobo is the N437
i'll switch to the right post
sorry for the mistake
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 PM   #373
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The N437 is the Glo HD. The Glo image doesn't work with it.