Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #1
miaden3354
miaden3354 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Unhappy Broken Tolino Shine 3 not connecting to computer

My Tolino Shine 3 HD broke recently. I suppose the glass substrate broke as the display looks intact but there are black stripes visible and one corner turned completely black after I plugged it into the charger. I wanted to extract the data out of it but the tolino isn´t detected anymore by my computer.

When I connect the Tolino to my computer, I get the error "The connected USB-device is not working properly", and when I look into Device Manager (Windows 10), I see the device displayed as "Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device" and a yellow warning symbol.

Anyone has any idea what has happened? What has a broken display have to do with not being able to be recognized by the computer? And can it be fixed or is it not worth the time? Thanks in advance!
miaden3354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:04 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaden3354 View Post
My Tolino Shine 3 HD broke recently.
I wanted to extract the data out of it but the tolino isn´t detected anymore by my computer.
The device is defective - if you want to save the data, there is a possibility:
- open the device,
- remove the SD card,
- delete all unnecessary partitions with Minitool Partition Wizard
- read out the remaining partition.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:13 PM   #3
miaden3354
miaden3354 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The device is defective - if you want to save the data, there is a possibility:
- open the device,
- remove the SD card,
- delete all unnecessary partitions with Minitool Partition Wizard
- read out the remaining partition.
That`s what I did, I read the sd Card via a Linux OS. Still wondering however what the broken substrate did to the computer-device connection.
Thanks for the reply, Danke!
miaden3354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:33 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaden3354 View Post
Still wondering however what the broken substrate did to the computer-device connection.
It is conceivable that the broken screen layer .affects the touchscreen during boot and this leads to constant disruptions.
It is an Android system!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, computer, display, substrate, tolino