Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #1846
Crashogre
Crashogre began at the beginning.

Device: none
sort order

Does anyone know what controls the sort of the opds page displayed by feed.php? I can see where to put exclusions but I would l8ke to change the order to closer to the frequency of use, i.e. latest additions, Author, Series, Tags, etc.
Crashogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:25 PM   #1847
Trevor68
Enthusiast
Trevor68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Hi, I have setup a Truenas Scale Server at home and would like to use it as my calibre storage, rather than the existing external usb drive plugged into my NUC.

Currently working config is thus. config['calibre_directory'] = 'F:/Calibre Library/';

I have created a SMB share, copied all the files over, and mapped it as Z on the NUC, which can happily access and read the files, but COPS fails to find the db. Perhaps this is a permissions problem? should I not have used a SMB share?

the true path is \\TRUENAS\Calibre for the SMB share, but nothing I put in COPS seems to work.
Trevor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #1848
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Trevor68

Tried a samba share on Linux to Linux (Debian to Debian) and it worked.

Then tried a samba share from Windows 7 to Linux (Debian) and it worked.
What I did on Windows 7:

net use Z: \\<IP)\share_name /PERSISTENT:YES
Entered username and password

Check that I can access Z:/Calibre_Library

In (COPS) config_local.php
config['calibre_directory'] = 'Z:/Calibre Library/';

And it worked.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:21 AM   #1849
Trevor68
Enthusiast
Trevor68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
I did a bit of reading and apparently sharing windows network shares with apache can be problematic, so I have reverted to the simpler solution, a 64Gig USB stick in the NUC. :-)
Trevor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:09 AM   #1850
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey !

I'm using a different solution with a Synology NAS :
- The Calibre library is in my computer
- I use Synology Drive to sync the library's folder to the NAS (one-way synchronization PC > NAS).
- Calibre use the NAS folder.

So there is 2 copy of the library, the second one is always in sync with the latest change on the main one. It works and avoids all the hassle of network sharing. Maybe it can be done with a RSYNC sync ?

Anyway, I also share a tutorial (in french) to install COPS manually on a Synology NAS.
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 05:31 PM   #1851
PepaBrno
Enthusiast
PepaBrno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre versus COPS

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...63#post4195963
PepaBrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:10 AM   #1852
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

On what Operating System (linux, debian, centos, NAS, Windows, etc.) are you running COPS?
Your problem is probably not a COPS problem, but a problem with the (outated) version of sqlite3 in your OS.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:39 AM   #1853
PepaBrno
Enthusiast

Run in www hosting www.endora.cz
Old 02-11-2022, 07:31 AM   #1854
mariosipad
Guru

In your hosting admin setup can you choose the PHP version to use?

If you can, choose at least php 5.6 and preferably php 7.3 or 7.4, but NOT php 8(.0 or .1).
Old 02-18-2022, 12:05 PM   #1855
PepaBrno
Enthusiast

I am PHP vesrsion 7.4
Old 02-20-2022, 06:05 AM   #1856
mariosipad
Guru

Put the following code in the webroot og the www server and name it info.php:
Code:
<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL                                                                                                                                                      
phpinfo();                                                                                                                                                                                         

// Show just the module information.                                                                                                                                                               
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.                                                                                                                                                            
// phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);                                                                                                                                                                          

?>
and check for the version of sqlite3.
http://<IP_or_url>/info.php
Old 02-25-2022, 02:46 AM   #1857
PepaBrno
Enthusiast

I'll test, I'll try, I'll thank you and I'll let you know later
Old 02-25-2022, 02:51 AM   #1858
PepaBrno
Enthusiast

Not function ....... http://www.kniha.tode.cz/
Old 02-25-2022, 02:54 AM   #1859
PepaBrno
Enthusiast

I have the code there now, I'll leave it there with the original Calibre metadata.db file ,,,, I'll put a modified matadata.db file there on Saturday night. It will display without any problems without those two lines, thank you
Old 02-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #1860
mariosipad
Guru

@PepaBrno

Thank you.
I have identified your problem. Now please delete info.php from your server!

The version of sqlite3 that your hosting provider uses is to old to use with calibre 5.

Therefore if you remove the 2 tables from the database it works again (Calibre version 4 database format).

To have it work automatically use this fork of COPS:
https://github.com/jvanderzande/cops/commits/master
This might work, but your best bet is to do what you are already doing, stripping tables from the calibre database.
[I have been able to make it work on my hosting provider (where it already works), however even there the sqlite3 version is "wrong", and it took some fiddling with databases and code. It's just not worth it for me.]

PS:
as an added safety feature I would advise you to use password protection. Either through:
- your hosting provider, or
- editing .htaccess in the cops directory, or
- using the config_local.php of COPS

Last edited by mariosipad; 02-25-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology