Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Marianne527
Marianne527 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Multiple libraries Multiple Devices

We are a family of 4 and between us we have; 3 Kindles, 2 Cruzes and 3 Nooks. Sharing books was a pain. Calibre made it easy! Everyone just dumped their books into the C Library, but that library became so huge and cluttered. I made everyone their own library. Which worked for a while. Now I have made libraries of different genres and one with everyone's name. There are 26 libraries BUT only 24 show up. I know there will be more libraries added. Is there a limit to how many libraries you can have?
( I choose: "create an empty library at a new location". I have the latest update. I have rebooted/restarted. )

Does anyone have a better idea of how we can share books, convert books, sort books. Everything is on one computer, mine. And I try to keep a handle on sorting what we already have and new books.
It's a work in process. But fun! I've discovered books that I probably wouldn't have thought about reading!

Thanks for your help!
Marianne527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne527 View Post
Now I have made libraries of different genres and one with everyone's name. There are 26 libraries BUT only 24 show up. I know there will be more libraries added. Is there a limit to how many libraries you can have?
There is no limit to the number of libraries you can have. The list where you see the libraries is just a recently accessed history list. I believe Kovid has stated that this list is limited to 25 libraries and will not be expanded. The fact that the list is limited doesn't mean you can't just use the switch/create library option to go to libraries you don't see on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne527 View Post
Does anyone have a better idea of how we can share books, convert books, sort books.
Absolutely, instead of using multiple libraries use one library. Now use tags, saved searches and the restrict to features to create a restrict to drop down list of as many virtual libraries as you wish. I talked about this idea here and here.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Marianne527
Marianne527 began at the beginning.

Device: none
First, Thanks for your response.

I played around with TAGS for a few days and the problem we are having is Calibre taking too long to load and running slow. Also, the thought of re-tagging all those books is a daunting task. Using the bulk look up doesn't work that well. ( Became a lot easier when I eliminated Amazon from the list!)

Thanks again!
Marianne527 is offline   Reply With Quote