Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Lookalikes

I was reminded of this yesterday when listening to the new Cypress Hill album and how my friends say I look like B-Real. They also say I look like some other famous faces (shown below). So do you look similar to a celebrity? Have you ever been compared to someone? If you haven't been compared to anyone, who would you choose that is nearest to your features?

(Most of my celebrity doppelgänger aren't flattering)

Comedian Omid Djalil

Comedian Alexei Sayle

Rapper B-Real

Fascist Leader Mussolini (Il Duce)

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I look like .... erm .... Me ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I look a little like the Cookie Monster...shaved...with a clipped-goatee-thing.

Which is to say, I've never been told I looked like anyone (except my father in his last few years, when he put on a bit of weight with treatments, started to shave his head, and kept a clipped-goatee-thing on his face like me). Someone a few decades ago said he looked a bit like Paul Newman. I look absolutely nothing like Paul Newman (closer to just "Newman!" than Paul).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I look a lot like my mother... but I have my father's nose and eyes.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

What's scary is that my sister (who I saw a few hours ago and showed this thread to) thought that the third picture was me. It was quite a surreal moment.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
What's scary is that my sister (who I saw a few hours ago and showed this thread to) thought that the third picture was me. It was quite a surreal moment.
Well, he's the best-looking of them. Don't be sad! She didn't confuse you with Mussolini.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Sorry, I don't have pictures...But the American actor Ernest Borgnine (Oscar for Marty) was a spitting image of the American Football Coach Vince Lombardi. Both of them were ribbed by their peers about the other's accomplishment. (Lombardi was always being asked what movie he would do next and Borgnine was always being ribbed about his his team did the previous week.)

And yes, after Lombardi died, all his old player and Borgnine did a movie about Lombardi (made for TV) and they showed (afterwards) the side by side pictures...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Just curious...do you have giant elaborate tattoos on your forearms or does your sister believe you are the kind of person who would rush out last Friday after a few beers in order to satisfy this heretofore unexpressed unquenchable need for body art?

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Just curious...do you have giant elaborate tattoos on your forearms or does your sister believe you are the kind of person who would rush out last Friday after a few beers in order to satisfy this heretofore unexpressed unquenchable need for body art?

Mel
She did a double-take over those. One of those confused, am-I-really-seeing-what-I'm seeing moments. She's the one with the tattoos, not me, by the by
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I look just like my avatar. No kidding. I ususally wear a baseball style cap to keep the sun off my glasses. Last winter was unusually cold with LOTS of wind, so I acqured a cap with fold-down ear flaps. The first time I tried it on, people around me began laughing uncontrollably and told me that I looked just like Chicken Little wearing his baseball batting helmet!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Once, I was told I looked like Jane Seymour, but younger. I don't, but I'll take it. I've also been told I look like Janis Joplin (several times) and Eddie Vetter (once). The people who thought that were usually drunk. All they saw was hair.

Oh, and one guy told me I was the spitting image of some lady who starred in old westerns, who was beautiful. I have no idea who he meant, but I'll take the compliment! He is married to one of my good friends (who was standing there at the time), so pretty sure he wasn't trying to get into my pants.

My uncle is the spitting image of Phil Drummond from Diff'rent Strokes.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Here is a website where you can upload a photo and it is compared against a database of celebrities.

http://celebrity.myheritage.com/FP/C...ecognition.php
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Here is a website where you can upload a photo and it is compared against a database of celebrities.

PAH-AH-AH! It says I look like Nicole Kidman! I wish!

No one ever told me I looked like any celebrities, but when I go out there is systematically someone somewhere bound to kiss and hug me, calling me Julie, or Véronique, or Cynthia... I looked like many, many ordinary people! Helps me keep anonymity from all my fans
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #14
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:

OMG.

66% 63%

It gave me a whole pile of people beginning with Angelina Jolie. Most of the others were Japanese, one was African and one very old looking man.

Must be something about the jawline shape. I wish I could put the pictures here to compare.

I did it again with a more recent photo and now I look like Dennis Hopper. I preferred Angelina at least then I was female.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 04-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Yee-Haw! (70%)

Lance Armstrong (67%)

Dustin Hoffman (66%)

Do even these celebrities look alike?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-16-2010 at 11:16 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote