Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Netronix is still (4 weeks) not responding to repair request.

Yep. It's been four, count 'em, FOUR weeks since I started asking Netronix about the procedure to get my EB-100 repaired or replaced. I've not received *ANY* word back from them, much less an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.

It's sad, really, because I *like* the EB-100. And I spent $365 to *buy* the EB-100 back in April! Which means I have not amortized the cost of it yet. I want it fixed and I'm not getting anywhere in attempting to do so.

I've even contacted Astak - seeing as how they're marketing a re-branded set of Netronix devices here in the US - to see if they could help me gain the attention of Netronix. It's been more than a week and I've not heard back from them either.

Sad to say, but even with the whole "we're taking the month of August off" that appears to be standard operating procedure for French companies, I think I'll be getting my damaged Cybook Gen3 fixed before I hear back from Netronix. Sigh. Whatever happened to the concept of customer service?

Derek Benner
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have a phone number for Netronix?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
... "we're taking the month of August off" that appears to be standard operating procedure for French companies ....
Sometimes "conges" is a four letter word.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sometimes "conges" is a four letter word.
Is that French for "We're going on vacation and our customers can go get screwed."? If so, I can well understand the dissatisfaction some have felt towards certain (unnamed) companies.

However, Netronix does *NOT* have that excuse! They're based in Taiwan. And even if they are dedicated to replacing their S3C2410 devices for the newer S3C2440 devices such as the EB-600, it's my *SCREEN* which is broken. And I bought it NEW in April. That means they should have either one or two EB-100s to swap it with, a screen/screen-controller to replace my screen or they had better damn well swap me with an EB-600.

I coughed up $365 in good faith so I better damn well be treated as a valuable customer. I don't mind if they charge me a reasonable fee for repair/replacement, but to totally ignore me for over four weeks is *NOT* - by *any* definition - good customer service!

Derek
Old 08-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Is that French for "We're going on vacation and our customers can go get screwed."? If so, I can well understand the dissatisfaction some have felt towards certain (unnamed) companies.

However, Netronix does *NOT* have that excuse! They're based in Taiwan. And even if they are dedicated to replacing their S3C2410 devices for the newer S3C2440 devices such as the EB-600, it's my *SCREEN* which is broken. And I bought it NEW in April. That means they should have either one or two EB-100s to swap it with, a screen/screen-controller to replace my screen or they had better damn well swap me with an EB-600.

I coughed up $365 in good faith so I better damn well be treated as a valuable customer. I don't mind if they charge me a reasonable fee for repair/replacement, but to totally ignore me for over four weeks is *NOT* - by *any* definition - good customer service!

Derek
Google "Netronix' and you'll get their home page. Across the bottom, in very faint script, is their address and phone number. Have you tried that?

Last edited by desertgrandma; 08-31-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Is that French for "We're going on vacation and our customers can go get screwed."?
Something like that, yeah.

Basically it's the term for the vacations that everyone takes in August, so you get to see the term a lot when you're looking for a market, laundry, pastry shop, etc. if you're in Paris in August.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Google "Netronix' and you'll get their home page. Across the bottom, in very faint script, is their address and phone number. Have you tried that?

Been there. Tried that. Got no response. And they're not answering either personal email to specific contacts or email to their generic support address.

It is *very* frustrating.

Derek
Old 08-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Been there. Tried that. Got no response. And they're not answering either personal email to specific contacts or email to their generic support address.

Derek
Okay, now I completely understand your frustration, and wonder how many possible new customers they've lost because of lack of service like this? Sad.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All I can recommend is never do business with a company who's only means of support is email. If they don't have a phone number which which you can speak to someone, they I would stay away.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:

Derek
There was a fax number also...

But the web page does not indicate that they are selling to end users so why do you expect end user service?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
From whom, exactly, did you buy the device? It sounds as though they might be the people to contact.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
There was a fax number also...

But the web page does not indicate that they are selling to end users so why do you expect end user service?
Tompe,

I *bought* the unit when we were still considering expanding NAEB's product line. And that meant *buying* the sample *FROM* Netronix. Now perhaps in Europe it is considered responsible business management to sell a unit and expect no one to ask for service support if the unit breaks under *NORMAL* use, but not in the US.

And I must say that I am now glad I never decided to become a reseller of Netronix ebook readers. I'd have loathed being stuck providing support for a product with no back-end support/service from my supplier.

Derek
Old 09-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #13
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
From whom, exactly, did you buy the device? It sounds as though they might be the people to contact.
Ummm... That would be Netronix. It is a Netronix EB-100 ebook reader, made by Netronix, *under* the Netronix name brand, purchased from Netronix, shipped to me *by* Netronix.

To whom should I place my request for service?

Further, the STAReBOOK, Cybook Gen3, Orsio B721, the Astak and the Explay are *all* based upon Netronix hardware - even if re-branded to other manufacturers such as Bookeen. Eventually, it all comes down to a Netronix design.

But then, I'm still attempting to get Bookeen to contact me about fixing a crashed-during-firmware-update Cybook Gen3 and I'm still waiting. Sigh.

Derek
Old 09-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
I *bought* the unit when we were still considering expanding NAEB's product line. And that meant *buying* the sample *FROM* Netronix. Now perhaps in Europe it is considered responsible business management to sell a unit and expect no one to ask for service support if the unit breaks under *NORMAL* use, but not in the US.
If you buy a sample you are usually a company and then it is usually clear what level of service is offered since warranty and such things usually is not used when a company buy something. The expected level of service is regulated by the contract.

Samples you usually by cheaply or get for free so I would not expect the same level of service as in the case when I am a end user buying from a shop.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Derek did not get the sample for cheap or free. he did pay for it. And now Netronix won't support it.