Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
thehawk777
thehawk777 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony tablet, Kindle Touch
Not adding all books

On my Sony tablet, CC is not adding all the books from the designated folders. I think most of those not added, if not all, are pdf files. However, some pdfs are being added to CC. Any suggestions?
thehawk777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:56 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawk777 View Post
On my Sony tablet, CC is not adding all the books from the designated folders. I think most of those not added, if not all, are pdf files. However, some pdfs are being added to CC. Any suggestions?
I am not sure what you are doing. Do you have books on your device that you want CC to find when you connect as a wireless device? If so, then CC will get books only from the folders that it has been told about, and further specific extensions (like PDF) only from the folder set up in CC's settings for that extension. You mentioned "designated folders" (plural), so I wonder if the PDFs are in more than one place on your device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #3
thehawk777

The pdfs are on my device in a sub-folder of the designated folder for pdfs i.e. one that I've named "Articles." However, I've moved one out of this sub-folder into the parent, designated folder and it still doesn't get imported into CC. I have the scan when connected as a wireless device box checked.

Last edited by thehawk777; 07-30-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawk777 View Post
The pdfs are on my device in a sub-folder of the designated folder for pdfs i.e. one that I've named "Articles." However, I've moved one out of this sub-folder into the parent, designated folder and it still doesn't get imported into CC. I have the scan when connected as a wireless device box checked.
Send me a CC debug log. Go to Settings, scroll down to the bottom, select "Send a debug log to MultiPie". Please remove the "multipie.co.uk" email address, leaving my haleys.org address. There is no reason to clutter my son's mailbox.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

BTW: CC's scan will not "find" any file with a name that begins with a period. Is that your situation?
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 03:04 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at the debug log you sent me, I noted that the PDFs that were found all had the extension in lower case (.pdf, not .PDF). Do the ones that are not found have an uppercase extension?

EDIT: I can confirm that CC will not find books with extensions not in lowercase. Even if this isn't your problem I will fix it for the next CC release, which should be this weekend.

Last edited by chaley; 07-31-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
thehawk777

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Looking at the debug log you sent me, I noted that the PDFs that were found all had the extension in lower case (.pdf, not .PDF). Do the ones that are not found have an uppercase extension?

EDIT: I can confirm that CC will not find books with extensions not in lowercase. Even if this isn't your problem I will fix it for the next CC release, which should be this weekend.
No, all the pdfs are in the lower case.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Install the new version of CC and try again. I added some information in the debug log that will help me see what is going on. Perhaps I can identify the problem before this week's bug fix release.

Tags
scan