Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
ludootje
ludootje began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fade-out of cover in detailed view in Calibre

Hi all. I'm just beginning to discover the work of beauty which is Calibre. When there is something I like a little less, I have managed to find a way to tweak it into something which feels or looks better - and that is what good software does.

There is, however, one (tiny) thing which I have not yet been able to figure out (using Calibre 1.19.0). When the "Book details" open, the cover of the book is displayed, but only after a "fade out" effect. Personally, I dislike any type of visibility gimmick, so any display of any screen element should be as simple as possible. So, my question: can this "fade out" effect be switched off, so that the book cover simply appears, without any effect whatsoever? I'm sure many people like the fading effect, but I don't. Can I switch it off somewhere??
ludootje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Preferences - Look and Feel - Check the Disable animations box click apply.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
ludootje
ludootje began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Preferences - Look and Feel - Check the Disable animations box click apply.
I Knew I hadn't looked properly! Thanks for solving this one so quickly. Worked like a charm.
ludootje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, effect, visibility