Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
HD is upgrading

I turned on wifi and went to the kitchen for a minute. when I came back my Nook HD was (well, still is) upgrading. "Optimizing application 96 of 110" now. Anyone else getting an upgrade? I need to check my other Nooks.

Well it's on 2.2.0, which is the same as the other two HD tablets, so I don't know what it was actually doing.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I turned on wifi and went to the kitchen for a minute. when I came back my Nook HD was (well, still is) upgrading. "Optimizing application 96 of 110" now. Anyone else getting an upgrade? I need to check my other Nooks.

Well it's on 2.2.0, which is the same as the other two HD tablets, so I don't know what it was actually doing.
According to the website:

Quote:
What's new in Ver 2.2.0?
The NOOK HD Ver2.2.0 update contains important system enhancements:

– annual subscriptions - now save even more on our most popular magazines. Just select a NOOK Magazine title in Shop and choose the annual subscription option when you subscribe to start your free trial.
– enabled TalkBack in more places, to help users with impaired vision better navigate Home, Library, E-mail and the browser to find and read content.
– on-screen alerts about great deals on NOOK Books®, magazines and more. Please note that you can turn off this feature by going to Settings/General/NOOK Notifications directly on your device.
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh, thank you! I had no idea. My daughter's 2 HDs have already upgraded, they must not have noticed.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I just noticed on my Nook HD+ the (magnet-lock) cover now opens to the last used home-screen rather than the lock-screen.

I don't recall having seen this behavior in previous release 2.1.1, but perhaps I had not used my HD+ with stock ROM often enough to have noticed it?

Last edited by livramax; 12-22-2013 at 11:14 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote