Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Erotic Novels

Seriously, I've never read one before. I think it's mainly because there isn't enough erotic novel writers around.

Anyone have any recommendations for this genre?
Old 03-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits View Post
Seriously, I've never read one before. I think it's mainly because there isn't enough erotic novel writers around.

Anyone have any recommendations for this genre?
Darrell Bains & Jeanine Berry have co-authored some interesting SciFi/Errotica books - The Sex Gate series. More Scifi than Erotica but enough of the latter to offend some. If you've read any of Jack Chalker's books, Darrell's are not quite that "wierd" but he's the closest to Jack that I've read. Personally I much prefer Darrell's work and he is prolific & easily found in ebook format.
Advert
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Check out the late 1800's book (???) "Fanny Hill". It was a lot more than I expected. (I didn't finish it.....) It's among the free stuff around.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Thanks guys. I was checking your recommendations... And just found out how powerful Amazon really is. The books that you recommended... were $3-$4USD. Although Amazon advertise convenience, It just struck me that if I had whispernet here in Canada, I would have ordered it and could very well be reading the books by now. Anyways, i'm going to now check for the free version.
I'll definitely be on a lookout for The Sex Gate as well.

edit: found both, Thanks.

Last edited by spirits; 03-16-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've uploaded Cleland's Fanny Hill some months ago.
Also Sacher-Masoch's Venus in Furs.
Advert
Old 03-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've uploaded Cleland's Fanny Hill some months ago.
Also Sacher-Masoch's Venus in Furs.
And, of course, Lady Chatterly's Lover would rank in there somewhere.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
SPIRITS
When I was doing a search on Mobipocket site under "Romance" I was surprised at the content it displayed. Pretty saucy material there. There is also a catagory on their menu for Erotica. Same on Fictionwise, and probably all eBook sites I should imagine.

Mag.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Go to www.fictionwise.com and check out the erotica category.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Check out the late 1800's book (???) "Fanny Hill". It was a lot more than I expected. (I didn't finish it.....) It's among the free stuff around.
You're about 150 years out - it was published in 1748.

I think most modern readers would find it more amusing than erotic.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits View Post
...I think it's mainly because there isn't enough erotic novel writers around...
... perhaps you have never heard of Harlequin?

a quote from wikipedia
the company publishes approximately 120 new titles each month in 26 different languages in 109 international markets on six continents. These books are written by over 1,300 authors worldwide, offering readers a broad range of fiction from romance to psychological thrillers to relationship novels. With 131 million books sold in 2006

Here is their Erotic Fiction book e-directory
http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?vcid=55
There you can read excerpts to see if the romances are erotic enough. Harlequin has a reputation for publishing very "tame" romances/erotic books.

They sell Harlequin e-books on Sony Connect store.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
SPIRITS
When I was doing a search on Mobipocket site under "Romance" I was surprised at the content it displayed. Pretty saucy material there. There is also a catagory on their menu for Erotica. Same on Fictionwise, and probably all eBook sites I should imagine.

Mag.
I've seen some there that "saucy" doesn't even approach as an adequate description for the erotica section, but interesting.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #12
ePossum
Enthusiast
ePossum began at the beginning.

Device: iliad v.2, Dana Alphasmart
The website for the Erotica Readers and Writers Association has a number of links to erotica e-publishers.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
He clicked on the thread.
"Surely I shouldn't be able to get a wireless connection out here at sea on my pirate ship, but here I am...surfing the MobileRead forums on my hand-carved laptop that I carved myself with my rough, forceful - yet gentle - hands," said Spooky69, captain of the SS Barbarossa. "What would my dead wife say if she knew about this?"
"Your dead wife isn't here," said my sultry, sexually attractive female poop deck commander Ms. Livingstone, "But I am."
"I'm aware of the laws of only being able to exist in one place as a living person and not being able to exist in a place at all if you are dead (with the understanding that this is all in reference to the conscious, human, Earth-bound mind only), but this damn oceanic map that I was also focusing on just won't decipher itself with the compass that I am using in the 1800s."
"I think what you need, kind Captain, is a sextant."
"I already have one of those, too, and it's extremely useful, but I have needs that extend far beyond the walls of describable words and feelings...emotional needs that allow me to emphasize the desirable aspects of male sexual desire without questioning all the awful, immoral things that many women do in order to stimulate themselves sensually."
"Oh, Captain!" Hexandra Livingstone exclaimed, "What would my husband, who attends to my intellectual needs but hasn't adequate concern for the rebellious tendencies of my female treasure chest, say?"
"Hexandra..." Spooky69 said plainly, "I don't give a damn what your husband, or even the boringly boring people at your work, think about my desires...I...I...I...I...I...I...I must satisfy you right now...sexually."
Then my big tall mast flapped her sails around a little bit. I mean, it wasn't really nothing to write home about and then wait until you actually got home and then hand over what you wrote in person, but, I mean, it was okay. I mean, I think I was pretty good here, but she really just kind of laid there and made quiet noises and obviously wasn't that into it. I mean, that's fine, but I'd had my eye on this chick for a while and I guess I was expecting her to be a little better in bed...pirate ship straw bed over ropes.

The End

Last edited by spooky69; 04-07-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #14
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
My personal favourite in english is the work of Anais Nin, most notably: "Little birds" and "Delta of Venus". Don't know whether they're available as ebook however...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
wetterau
wetterau has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none yet
erotic novel

Hi, on www.memoware.com there is a novel, O+F, that has been downloaded more than any other but one in the romance category. I wrote it. Every good novelist has to deal with the biggies: love, sex, death, and evil sooner or later. O+F was my shot at sex and the overlapping borders it has with love. It's free in six different download formats. John Moncure Wetterau
Closed Thread