Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #76
ladyplf
ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm,pocketpc,nextbook 7
Thumbs down Good riddance!

I am trying to backup my past orders from ereader.com but the only real option is to download them one at a time. The past order history which would allow me to download the orders instead is missing most of my orders. No wonder I abandoned that site. Good riddance!
ladyplf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #77
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'd forgotten I had an eReader account! Only one book in it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #78
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyplf View Post
I am trying to backup my past orders from ereader.com but the only real option is to download them one at a time. The past order history which would allow me to download the orders instead is missing most of my orders. No wonder I abandoned that site. Good riddance!
I never understood what the point of that site was anyway. It had the same books as at Fictionwise but only in Ereader format, and none of the discounts, coupons, Buywise, etc., so charging more for the same thing.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #79
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I am trying to opt in for the transfer, but I am not getting any e-mail response with the access code.

I use a different address for my BN account than I used for the Fictionwise account. I suspect that's going to be a problem. There are only about 30 books in the FW account, and they're all downloaded, so it's no biggie, but I'd just as soon have access to them through the BN account.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm waiting for the code to come in email. Seems it's not happening. I may have to contact B&N support for this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #81
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyplf View Post
I had no trouble using the bulk downloader at Fictionwise, once I figured out how. The options aren't well documented.

I downloaded one "page" of books (25 titles per page) at a time. The ones I checked so far seem to have come across intact. I'm going to see if I have any partial series that need filling out, then I'll download them all again, as insurance.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The books I was unable to download were all of the MS Reader eBooks. I'm hoping once the issue of not getting the code to get the transfer done all of those will go over.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I clicked the link again and now I get a different result...

Quote:
Thank you for choosing to transfer your library to NOOK.
You will receive an email the week of November 19, 2012 with your access code and further instruction.
Looks like I will have to wait.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #84
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The worst thing is that I missed the 15th cutoff to buy books with that 50% off coupon. I figured, oh well, next month.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #85
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I entered the code to transfer my ebooks, and almost immediately there were about 185 out of 2053 transferred. An hour later, that number hasn't changed. I'm hoping that a couple of books that failed to bulk download originally that I didn't notice until after they became unavailable thanks to the agency debacle will become available will now become available again. Most of them were from magazines or ereads.com, I didn't see any from the big 6 publishers.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #86
ladyplf
ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I had no trouble using the bulk downloader at Fictionwise, once I figured out how. The options aren't well documented.

I downloaded one "page" of books (25 titles per page) at a time. The ones I checked so far seem to have come across intact. I'm going to see if I have any partial series that need filling out, then I'll download them all again, as insurance.
I downloaded my fictionwise books without too much trouble. There were two books that I guess are gone because first it said they could only be downloaded individually and when I tried that it said they were unavailable. They were both microsoft lit secure books so whatever.

ereader.com has all the books listed individually for download but no bulk download as far as I can tell and the option to download by entire orders has most of my orders missing. I haven't used the site since 2005, but still I paid for books and I want to back them up. Other thing I don't like about ereader.com is the fact that it uses a credit card as the unlock code and I don't remember the credit number from 2005!

I see people say they use Calibre to convert books with drm, how is that done, especially with an ereader.com book or is it even possible?

Last edited by ladyplf; 11-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #87
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I got a grand total of five books (all originally multi-format) transferred over so far; two from one series and 3 from another, all purchased at the same time (all part of my last purchase from FW.) There's still one book from each series and a couple others purchased at the same time that haven't transferred over yet.

My Fictionwise library only shows 39 titles available for download out of the 111 they show I've purchased, doesn't show any of the pre Agency-Pricing big 6 books I purchased there (mostly Star Trek). Lucky for me I've been a long-time user of calibre & Apprentice Alf's tools so I have them stored away already.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #88
ladyplf

Thumbs up

Yes! I tried downloading from ereader.com and to my surprise it then takes me back to fictionwise where I can bulk download. I was not expecting that, just goes to show what happens when you stop being lazy and actually download...

Spoke too soon, still haven't gotten anything to actually download. Maybe it's server load.

Last edited by ladyplf; 11-16-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: add info
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #89
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The books I was unable to download were all of the MS Reader eBooks. I'm hoping once the issue of not getting the code to get the transfer done all of those will go over.
MSReader is long dead. Microsoft shut down their DRM servers a while back.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #90
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
MSReader is long dead. Microsoft shut down their DRM servers a while back.
Yes, but what he's hoping is that the books will live on as ePub's at B&N.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote