Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #136
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I didn't use a credit for the three I got, plus discover15 worked to get a few more cents off.
I bought Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel
Loving Mr Darcy
and Lord and Lady Spy. Whole works came to just over $2

If they are charging you a credit for it, I'd contact customer support.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #137
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This should not be happening. Seeing the book is not this month's featured selection. I would contact support so they can fix it.
Anything that's been offered as a featured selection since DANL started shows up a "free" (with a credit of course) for me. I had thought/hoped there would be a way to tell the site not to use a credit, kind of like you can with Audible. I'll drop them an email later.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #138
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anything that's been offered as a featured selection since DANL started shows up a "free" (with a credit of course) for me. I had thought/hoped there would be a way to tell the site not to use a credit, kind of like you can with Audible. I'll drop them an email later.
That's not good I've never noticed it on my account but I only had one credit. Maybe it's a two+ credit bug.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #139
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-The new two FREE Ellora's Cave titles, available for Two Weeks:

-Direct from Ellora's Cave is DRM-free and multi-format

(1) Torn (Knights of the Ruby Order #1)-Kate Hill Ellora's Cave or Amazon US

(2) Backwoods - Cara McKenna Ellora's Cave or Amazon US
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #140
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Definitely send support an email! When they had that big sale earlier this summer, one of the books was coming up as free/using a credit. I mentioned it on their blog and they fixed it right away.

Spindlegirl, have you read any of that author's P&P series? I thought about getting Loving Mr. Darcy, but the reviews didn't impress me. I have one of her books that I got for free at some point, but I've not read it to know if she's any good.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #141
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Definitely send support an email! When they had that big sale earlier this summer, one of the books was coming up as free/using a credit. I mentioned it on their blog and they fixed it right away.

Spindlegirl, have you read any of that author's P&P series? I thought about getting Loving Mr. Darcy, but the reviews didn't impress me. I have one of her books that I got for free at some point, but I've not read it to know if she's any good.
Loving Mr Darcy is the first I've bought of the series. I haven't yet read it, but plan to soon. I got it because it was about Darcy, and the price was right. The file size of the book was quite big (3-ish megs in kindle format, slightly less in epub) and the reason is because each chapter has very pretty headers.

I've honestly not read any "based on P&P" novels before, and so don't know what to expect.

(EDIT- I just remembered that I had downloaded the "Two shall become one" by the same author on July 31 as my library reflects. I Joined danl on that day and decided 'what the hey')

Last edited by spindlegirl; 08-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #142
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Goodness, that file size is rather astronomical! I'd have to be editing those graphics out, I think. Be sure to let us know what you think!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #143
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Goodness, that file size is rather astronomical! I'd have to be editing those graphics out, I think. Be sure to let us know what you think!
I actually did edit the graphics out to put on my T1. I just exploded the epub, and took out the "Images" folder, and the "fonts" folder, and it cut it down considerably, to more like 0.5 M
Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #144
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Did you go so far as to put them in your cart? I could have sworn I updated quantities/amounts on an order before, so I could save a credit. But it's possible I was buying something that wasn't offered as a member featured selection....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #145
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did you go so far as to put them in your cart? I could have sworn I updated quantities/amounts on an order before, so I could save a credit. But it's possible I was buying something that wasn't offered as a member featured selection....
Yeah, I started the checkout process but found no way to select to pay instead of using a credit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #146
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
When We Touch by Brenda Novak is free at Harlequin and Amazon. It's a novella (1.5) in the Whiskey Creek series.
Just read this book, and I know I've read a similiar book with the same story...sister marrying another guy, scorned sister hooks up with guys brother...anyone else read this and find the same thing? If so, what book am I looking for? I felt like I had read the book before!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #147
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Just read this book, and I know I've read a similiar book with the same story...sister marrying another guy, scorned sister hooks up with guys brother...anyone else read this and find the same thing? If so, what book am I looking for? I felt like I had read the book before!
It could be any number of Harlequins. Most of them have similar plots.

I think I've reached a reading slump. After 87 books I suppose it's to be expected. I started 3 books in the last week and none of them has grabbed me.

Spoiler:
The one the Officer I says I do that I got as my DANL selection two months ago is what I am reading now and the first thing I see is a typo on page 9 Cardsharp. I'm on Chapter 4 and it's really not that good so far. I got turned off by how the whole proposal Vegas thing is handled followed by a detailed sex scene. I really didn't expect a sex scene right off the bat. It would have been so much better to have a fade to black scene after she said yes to marriage, followed by a morning after recall of what happen next. I would of liked a better knowledge of the characters beforehand. It's just so far no real build up to the story and it's moving at a snail's pace. No real chemistry between the two then we are rushed through scenes and arrived two weeks later. I will give it a few more Chapters before I mark it as a DNF.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #148
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Sounds like it's time to change genres for a bit. And hope you don't run into more of the same when you return to romances.

I think it's time for me to make a new library or two in Calibre. I'm still dealing with one and it's getting waaaay too unwieldy. I should've done this ages ago. Now's a good time to do it though since I'm off the rest of the week. *sigh*
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #149
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Want You Back US DE by Karen Whiddon, who has published a lot with Harlequin. This books was first published as a Kensington Precious Gem in 2000.

Quote:
Jenny Reder is finally moving on with her life. Her CPA business is thriving and she's engaged to a man who may not be the love of her life - but then, the love of her life left her at the altar. Now, however, just as abruptly as Jake Durham vanished before their wedding, he's back. It doesn't take long for Jenny to realize that her ex still has the power to make her breathless with desire - and logn for something that can never be...

Jake has a perfectly good explanation for why he walked out on his wedding to Jenny two years ago. The trouble is, he can't tell her the truth about why he left and where he's been. Even if he could, she probably wouldn't believe it. But Jake hasn't given up on marrying the only woman he'll ever love. Convincing Jenny to give him another chance might not be easy - but as far as Jake is concerned, leaving her twice in a lifetime would be downright impossible.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #150
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Sounds like it's time to change genres for a bit. And hope you don't run into more of the same when you return to romances.

I think it's time for me to make a new library or two in Calibre. I'm still dealing with one and it's getting waaaay too unwieldy. I should've done this ages ago. Now's a good time to do it though since I'm off the rest of the week. *sigh*
I think the problem for me is writing and plot right now. I think reading such strong writing like Jennifer Crusie and Evanovich that I am becoming spoiled and more picky. I am still going through the Rock Chick Series and loving it. Kristen Ashley is an author I can't seem to stop reading.

I bought a couple of Loveswepts yesterday I may give one of them a try. One was a HaBO and sounds awesome the other I forget how I came across it. it's about a Male Dancer and a Librarian.

The HaBO one is called I do by Mallory Rush. It's on sale for 99 cents. It's about a wounded Solider who marries his pen pal.

The Stripper and Librarian one is Lightning that Lingers It's $2.99 and it's an agency book.

I currently have seven Calibre Libraries. I have to be organized when it comes to my ebooks!