Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Sync Renames Files

Hi all.

I use mobipocket to get the news and then wirelessly sync them with iRex. The only inconvenience is that when the enews exists on iRex, the newest version that was synced doesn't overwrite the existing one, but gets to the device with a different name. So if I do not delete the news files before the sync I may get the duplicate files.

Is there a way to setup the sync so it overwrites the existing files instead of creating new copies? File names are the same on pc.

Thanks, David
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 AM   #2
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
How do you sync wirelessly? I just copy them to a card, but syncyng wireless would be a good solution as well.

Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I've setup the device for wireless sync with my home computer (had problems until moved the "My iLiad" folder into "All Users", under "My Documents"), have Mobipocket Reader running all the time and have created a task to copy *prc files from Mobi folder into the Outbox under "My iLiad". When I want to get new feeds, I just hit the "sync" button on the device, it gets whatever is ready on the computer.

As I mentioned in the first post, I have to delete the existing news before the sync otherwise I see duplicate files.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Now i have an idea of how to do it, just one question, how do you create the task to copy the files from one folder to another.

Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
ddavtian
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
Now i have an idea of how to do it, just one question, how do you create the task to copy the files from one folder to another.
I use WinXP, go to "All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks". My task is a small bat file to move prc files from one folder to another (create a text file with "bat" extension, put a dos "move" command there).
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Was there ever a solution to the multiple versions of enews? Other than this little problem, I love the way Mobipocket Reader renders my local birdcage liner...er, newspaper.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I think I've seen something about the Mobipocket document initially being downloaded to the iLiad being named with the filename. Then when you open it the first time, the iLiad renames it to the "title" that shows up in the Mobipocket format. I'm guessing that's why it won't overwrite the old one, the names are different. I'm not sure how you can change that, but maybe it'll get you on the right track.

I also seem to recall it only doing that if you're syncing Mobipocket files to the Mobipocket folder on the iLiad. If you put them elsewhere I don't think it renames them.

I think you'd have to figure out if it's possible to change the filename during the sync (and make it the same as the title), or else have it put them somewhere other than in the mobipocket folder.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote