Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuck View Post
now, between kindle, kindle keyboard and kindle touch, which one do you consider best and why (please be specific)?

Thanks
DD
The Kindle Touch at $99 seems like a great buy.

I've been playing around with the Nook Touch and I'm eager to compare the experience with the Kindle Touch.

The touchscreen interface is not for everyone but I like it much better than having to press buttons. I have an older Nook with a touchscreen at the bottom and my wife has a Kobo with buttons. To me turning pages with a touchscreen is more natural and comfortable (and easier on the hand).
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
For me Kindle is better. Mainly because I actually like that it index's my books and if I want to search for a phrase, it doesn't just search 1 book, it will search my entire library. Its a useful feature for me because I like to look at sentence structure, so I'll often compare how different writers handle the same phrase.

I hear there are more features that Nook doesn't have but thats the main one for me. Kindle didn't have the library feature but now they have that as well, and I want a 3g option.

Oh, and prices. I avoid Agency books and I'm finding Amazon is usually cheaper with small press/ independent publishers. I do own a Nook Color, and I love that, but I think I have 1 book from B&N on it because it had a free promotion going at the time which made the book I wanted cheap.. It was free..

Last edited by Synergi; 09-29-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I would not trade my 3g "kindle keyboard" for any of the current crop. The keyboard is better than a touch screen for typing a lot of search terms or emails, which I do, and being able to look things up on the net with free 3g is killer for me.
Also, I like the Amazon integration and wireless book delivery a lot. Very easy to get stuff on the device.
If, however, I had to choose from just among the latest batch of readers, I would get a Nook STR. None of the new Kindles impress me at all.
The cheapest one would be miserable to do much data entry on with a 5 way controller. It's fine for navigation, but for entering a text? Painful.
The touch model has apparently NO buttons for stuff like page turns or 'back'. I find that very un-egonomic, and I don't want so many fingerprints on my screen.
The Fire is intriguing, and if it performs well, I might get one as a tablet, but not as a reader. I prefer eink.
For basic eink reading, I like the page turn buttons and form factor of the Nook STR.

Last edited by ApK; 10-01-2011 at 04:28 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote