Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #91
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Can anyone help me? I've followed the steps 1-4 of the instructions (copied below):

1. If you have any previous version, uninstall it (v0.2, v0.3), or use recovery package (v0.3, v0.2 i v0.1), then remove previous installation files.
2. Unpack archive TTSMod_v4_Voice1Language_Voice2Language.zip.zip
3. Copy files :
- instalator.ini -> launchpad
- TTSMod -> kindle root
4. Restart Kindle
5. Press keys combination to execute script :
[shift + F + I ] - "Success" message appears
6. Restart Kindle

At which stage do I press the shift + F + I keys? Right after pressing Restart? Or at the screen of boy under the tree? Or after the Kindle has restarted and it's showing the homepage? Do I press the keys all at the same time or one after the other? How long do I press the keys for? I seem to have tried all the combinations but none work. TIA.

Last edited by holgalee; 06-16-2012 at 11:55 AM.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #92
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
After Home-Screen displayed, press fast shift then F then I (not together) to launch the Installation.

You see (if you are fast enough by pressing the buttons) at bottom of display the "Success"-message.

Last edited by K3w; 06-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #93
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
where is the download link? I clicked this link: http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/usertts/ in the polish site but the site doesn't exist.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #94
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Where can I download Spanish "Paulina"?
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #95
HeyPretty
Fantasy Junkie
HeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animalsHeyPretty is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
You'll have to dig really hard on the net. Search for TTS, Nuance, TomTom, 155mrf22, Spanish, Vocalizer.

Or wait a little bit longer, so I can prepare package for you.

I've been collecting voices listed in this topic for 3 weeks now ...
I appreciate what you've done and I've tried to create my own packages but I've been unable to.

I'm trying to get the Australian Lee and Karen. I currently have the British voices but the male voice is terrible. It performs as expected but it's a very thick accent. The female version is much better.

If I get you a link to the voices, can you put together a package? I've got Ivona, Acapela, AT&T Natural, and Loquendo voices but the only one I know at 22Htz is Ivona.

Thanks in advance!
HeyPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #96
kreacherteacher
kreacherteacher began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello has there ever been made a german/english package? I have bought a used kindle 3 and would love to have german tts on it... Haven't seen any of this kind here in the post or elsewhere in the net.. I would be eternally greatful...............
kreacherteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #97
kreacherteacher
kreacherteacher began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Ok I got the files for German+American English+British English TTS at boerse.bz now, a friendly user reupped the dead links there: http://www.boerse.bz/boerse/dokument...deutsch-2.html
kreacherteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #98
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
Could you put those back up? I would like a female voice on my kindle TTS (English)
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:35 AM   #99
kkysnoopy
kkysnoopy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
can someone convert those tts from pocketbook to kindle compatible ? There are many files available for download here but is for pocketbook . https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=112801
kkysnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote