Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
JAGUAR88
JAGUAR88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Deleted Book will not download

I purchased Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged on my kindle 2.

I downloaded the book and it would not open. I got a message saying to delete the book and then download it again.

When I tried to delete the book, it would not delete. Instead the title would be blacked out and the kindle eventually turned off and the book was still not deleted. I even reset the kindle and the book still would not delete. Finally I deleted it through the USB connected to my computer.

When I Sync and check for items, the kindle connects but then the archived items are grayed out.

Is tere anythng else I can try to get my book back?
JAGUAR88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Can you log in to the Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon Kindle Store and redownload the book from there to your device?
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
JAGUAR88

I went to the kindle page and highlighted send to my kindle and it showed successfully sent but it still did not download.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Strange that the archived items are greyed out. Your wireless is working correctly I presume and your Kindle is still showing as registered to your Amazon account?

Other than that I can only think to ttys reset (hold in off position for a slow count to 15) or contact Amazon if no one else here has any ideas.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
JAGUAR88

I tried downloading some book samples and they downloaded but it still showed the Archived items grayed out. I read your post and rebooted it again, which is about the sixth reboot and this time it worked. The only thing I can think of is downloading the samples must have reset something in the device causing it to resynch when I reset the device. I also found that there were three other books that I thought I had already downloaded in the archive.

Thank you very much for your help.
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jaguar.

Heres a kindle support page.

Scroll to the bottom, click on the 'contact us' button, sign into your account, and choose the 'call me' option.

enter your phone number, and they'll call you back immediately.

They are great for walking people thru problems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Glad it is sorted anyway whatever the issue was. Happy reading

Tags
delete, download