Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
What are you naming your Kindle?

One of the unique things about the Kindle is that you get to name them. They come to you named, already, but with boring names such as "Bob's Kindle." I renamed my K1 Batman, becasue I hade the intent of putting a Tego skin on it with Batman. Alas, their plan to get licensing fell through, but it remained Batman. My K2 is named Pandorg 1, after a series of silliness in the Lounge.

What's yours named?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm boring. I've named all of mine with email addresses in case of loss or theft.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If I had a Kindle, I'd name it Wally.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Mine is named Lorianna.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
One of the unique things about the Kindle is that you get to name them. They come to you named, already, but with boring names such as "Bob's Kindle." I renamed my K1 Batman, becasue I hade the intent of putting a Tego skin on it with Batman. Alas, their plan to get licensing fell through, but it remained Batman. My K2 is named Pandorg 1, after a series of silliness in the Lounge.

What's yours named?
Mine's Emily's Pearl + my cell phone #.
Emily so if someone finds it & actually calls me they know who to ask for. I've recently put a card in my cover AND a label on the back of Pearl, and I thought about changing that, but figured if some creepazoid tries to sell it it's all the more "branded", at least for awhile.
Pearl, by the way, is for the dog in Robert B Parker's Spenser series. And the color of my K1 made it a good fit. Of course now there's a skin on Pearl, but under her makeup she's still a Pearl.

Last edited by Meemo; 03-02-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Mine is Adelie (pronounced aDAYlee) Reed. Adelie is a type of penguin, and I'm penguin obsessed being just back from my second trip to Antarctica.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
One of the unique things about the Kindle is that you get to name them. They come to you named, already, but with boring names such as "Bob's Kindle."
Mine is named... um, erm... Bob's Kindle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Mine is named... um, erm... Bob's Kindle.

BOb
I think a better name for your Kindle is Chilly Willy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think a better name for your Kindle is Chilly Willy.

I don't get it???

BOb
Old 03-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I don't get it???

BOb
Old 03-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Ah... I never heard of it.

BOb
Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Ah... I never heard of it.

BOb
Such a young penguin, you are (as I channel Yoda).

Chilly Willy is brought to you by the creators of Woody Woodpecker.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Such a young penguin, you are (as I channel Yoda).

Chilly Willy is brought to you by the creators of Woody Woodpecker.
That's the first time I've been called "young" in quite a while. I was never big on saturday morning cartoons. I thought most of them were lame... except The Justice Leauge and Thunderbirds.

BOb
Old 03-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
PGP_Protector
Enthusiast
PGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Depends on if I win one or not

(If I do, something along the lines of PGP's Kindle )
PGP_Protector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I used to call my Kindle Vera. (Coincidentally, this is where the name Vera came from for Harv & Vera.)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote