Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #331
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
It works but it still leaves a lot of blank room in the upper part of the screen so, showing the header actually looks nicer IMO nevertherless.
On the Glo, I get an extra line at the top. But, I agree that having the title there looks better.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #332
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@sirtao: Remember that ANY problem that results from using a modification to the Kobo (ie Night Mode) is very VERY unlikely to be resolved by Kobo.
I see I haven't been clear: I've had the problem withOUT the Night Mode
I thought it could have been caused by the Night Mode, but a factory reset later(and without Night Mode installed) I still had the problem.
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #333
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@sirtao: to be sure, have you done this?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #334
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi I've also suffered the light issue but just once (till now). Somehow my ereader was in 1% (or something like that), but the brightness setting showed 30% which was my previously set and supposed value. But neither I have found any trigger for the bug nor evidently I've been able to replicate it. And when I noticed it I can swear that there wasn't any PC connection in the middle from my previous reading session.

Nonetheless a small bug which I can always replicate is turning on Kobo Recommendations when syncing...

I turn Recommendations off. (I go home, re-enter settings and I confirm it is still in off). Then I sync (it doesn't matter a manual syncing or an automated one), and then I get the recommendations anyway and the setting appears changed to on.

(I'm really fed up about dismissing that tile...)
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #335
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Two bugs in the 2.10.0 FW release are being discussed in another thread, but I thought I'd list them here, in case Kobo is monitoring this bug thread:

1. Even though I have turned off Adobe page numbering in the margin, every time I wake my Aura HD from sleep, the page numbers are there again. If I open the bottom menu and just touch the minus sign to the left of the line-spacing slider (which I have set to minimum line spacing), the page numbers go away again until the next time I wake the HD from sleep.

2. The font size increases at chapter breaks so that all text is the same size as the chapter header. Sometimes I can read a chapter or two without problem, but once it starts, it seems to happen at every chapter break. Not sure yet what triggers this, but it is extremely annoying.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #336
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Two bugs in the 2.10.0 FW release are being discussed in another thread, but I thought I'd list them here, in case Kobo is monitoring this bug thread:

1. Even though I have turned off Adobe page numbering in the margin, every time I wake my Aura HD from sleep, the page numbers are there again. If I open the bottom menu and just touch the minus sign to the left of the line-spacing slider (which I have set to minimum line spacing), the page numbers go away again until the next time I wake the HD from sleep.

2. The font size increases at chapter breaks so that all text is the same size as the chapter header. Sometimes I can read a chapter or two without problem, but once it starts, it seems to happen at every chapter break. Not sure yet what triggers this, but it is extremely annoying.
I can confirm number 2 although it is intermittent and seems to stop for a bit after accessing the TOC.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #337
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Additional info: it seems that fiddling with any setting in the bottom menu fixes both of the above problems temporarily, until the reader is put to sleep and wakes again.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #338
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Again, because of the new info we have, I think you could:
  • Split the bug in two.
  • Rename the kepub one (the dash spacing issue) to "ACCESS adds extra spaces around dashes when justifying text. It looks extremely weird in Spanish dialogues."
  • Rename the epub one to "white-space:nowrap; doesn't work in RMSDK anymore".
  • Consider them confirmed?

OTOH, I'm now on 2.10.0 firmware and my eReader is an AuraHD, not an Aura. (Although as I said both data seem quite irrelevant).
Well I haven't tested the RMSDK bug but I can confirm that ACCESS one is still present in 3.0.0 (as sadly expected )

Quote:
Nonetheless a small bug which I can always replicate is turning on Kobo Recommendations when syncing...

I turn Recommendations off. (I go home, re-enter settings and I confirm it is still in off). Then I sync (it doesn't matter a manual syncing or an automated one), and then I get the recommendations anyway and the setting appears changed to on.

(I'm really fed up about dismissing that tile...)
This issue is also present in 3.0.0
Old 11-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #339
arspr
Dead account. Bye

Quote:
  • Split the bug in two.
  • Rename the kepub one (the dash spacing issue) to "ACCESS adds extra spaces around dashes when justifying text. It looks extremely weird in Spanish dialogues."
Ok, a very important update. Reading a book I've also detected that the extra space is also added between words and . I've checked in an "official" kepub from my Kobo account (in this case "The Long Earth") and it's there.

So it doesn't happen ONLY with dashes, other symbols like "…" are also affected.

So following my previous posts I would:
  • Split the bug in two.
  • Rename the kepub one (the dash spacing issue) to "ACCESS adds extra spaces around dashes (AND other symbols: …) when justifying text. It looks extremely weird in Spanish dialogues."
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #340
icallaci
Guru

Quote:

Updated to FW 3.0.0 and the above two bugs are still present.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #341
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo desktop hangs when upgrading.

Kobo Glo. V2.8.1

Kobo's desktop hangs when downloading the upgrade with a message "remove some books to make space for upgrade", Kobo's desktop shows the spinning blue wheel, the load bar shows full.

what do I do, just unplug the glo from the desktop ?, will that corrupt the contents on my Glo.

I ask you with tears in my eyes, do the teenage dev's at Kobo not think of these eventualities ?, why don't they check if there is enough space on the device PRIOR to initiating the upgrade........now I run the risk of loosing all my data due to their incompetence. (YES, I do feel that strongly about it).

Edit:
I safely unplugged my device, reconnected to pc, deleted books to make space, it then went into a continuous loop of intermittently displaying the home page. I had to do a factory reset, with the loss of all data on my Glo.

Thanks kobo dev's.....

Last edited by leftright; 11-20-2013 at 12:06 AM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #342
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
Kobo Glo. V2.8.1

Kobo's desktop hangs when downloading the upgrade with a message "remove some books to make space for upgrade", Kobo's desktop shows the spinning blue wheel, the load bar shows full.

what do I do, just unplug the glo from the desktop ?, will that corrupt the contents on my Glo.

I ask you with tears in my eyes, do the teenage dev's at Kobo not think of these eventualities ?, why don't they check if there is enough space on the device PRIOR to initiating the upgrade........now I run the risk of loosing all my data due to their incompetence. (YES, I do feel that strongly about it).
I think you should be safe if you eject your device.

Then back up all of your data. I do this as a matter of routine before installing firmware.

In fact backup all of your data before ejecting.

If you need directions I can post them for Windows, but not for Apple or Linux. Still someone else will I am sure.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #343
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
Kobo Glo. V2.8.1

I had that message too and then there was another message along the lines of "we will remove some of the content to make space" (I foget the exact wording) and the upgrade continued. I may have had to click OK or something, I can't remember exactly.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #344
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it might make a difference if you have ePubs or kepubs.

kepubs, Kobo KNOW they can delete but leave the stats in the database as they can redownload them from the store.

Sideloaded kepubs I'm not sure what Kobo would do; they're not in the Kobo managed portion of the drive .kobo\kepub; rather they could ne anywhere on the file system.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #345
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think it might make a difference if you have ePubs or kepubs.

kepubs, Kobo KNOW they can delete but leave the stats in the database as they can redownload them from the store.

Sideloaded kepubs I'm not sure what Kobo would do; they're not in the Kobo managed portion of the drive .kobo\kepub; rather they could ne anywhere on the file system.
Of course. In my case there were kepubs on the main memory.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app