Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Legalisel0ve
Legalisel0ve began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
New kobo - can't download books

Hi! So I had a kobo earlier as a Christmas gift and be downloaded the desktop app an everything... I've tried two ways to get my books to download...
1 - I tried on the kobo it's self, would say it was downloading but about 45 minutes later it's still not done!
2 - I then bought a book on the website and plugged my kobo in and it downloads very slowly and an hour later very little progress.
I have wasted the whole evening trying to download books!
Any advice?
Jess
Legalisel0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When you set-up a new Kobo device, it downloads the latest firmware and installs it. Then it downloads any books in your account and puts them on the device. Has the initial set-up been done successfully? And how long did it take? The file is about 88MB in size, so it could take a while on a slower connection.

The other way to download books from the Kobo shop is using the Adobe DRM version. The books are downloaded via Adobe Digital Editions and then that is used to put the book onto the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote