Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
kindlegen epub to mobi error

I m trying to convert an epub to mobi using kindlegen V2.3 build 36043 and I get the following error:

Codrut-Popescus-MacBook-Proesktop codrutpopescu$ ./KindleGen_Mac_i386_v2/kindlegen Advanced\ Magick\ for\ Beginners_nodrm.epub

* Amazon.com kindlegen(MAC OSX) V2.3 build 36043 *
* A command line e-book compiler *
* Copyright Amazon.com 2011 *

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Title "Advanced Magick for Beginners"
Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Creator "Alan Chapman"
Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Publisher "Aeon Books"
Info(prcgen):I1002: Parsing files 0000026
Info(prcgen):I1015: Building PRC file
Info(prcgen):I1006: Resolving hyperlinks
Info(prcgen):I1049: Building table of content URL: /var/folders/0t/nvthz05d2xdg37hqm6_n6c200000gn/T/mobi-elztqz/OEBPS/toc.ncx
Error(prcgen):E24010: Hyperlink not resolved in toc:/var/folders/0t/nvthz05d2xdg37hqm6_n6c200000gn/T/mobi-elztqz/OEBPS/title_page.html#
Error(prcgen):E24001: The table of content could not be built.
Info(prcgen):I1038: MOBI file could not be generated because of errors!

Anyone has any idea of what can the cause be?

Thanks
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Somewhere, an "href" or "src" attribute is pointing to a resource that doesn't exist in your epub.

I'd start by checking the two files indicated—toc.ncx and title_page.html—very closely.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Whackatagin
Tweaker
Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Whackatagin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle / KOBO / PC
Most likely an "href" bug. But, also check spelling. opf/xhtml relations are case sensitive.

opf might have, for example... Cover_page01
The actual xhtml file might have... Cover_Page01

This will show as two errors, one will be an unreachable, the other will be an unused. Fire your epub through a validator, Sigil has a fairly good one and it will let you double click the errors and take you to the appropriate file and highlight the line it doesn't like. If you don't get an error then try regenerating your TOC with sigil, it's all tick boxes, dead easy. This will create a nice new clean NCX file for you. (Remember to make a back-up before you start fiddling. )

Good luck.
Whackatagin is offline   Reply With Quote