Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I prefer a sleeve for my DXG, too. Covers add too much weight and bulk for my taste. My sleeve gives more protection than a case would. When I'm not using the DXG it goes into the sleeve.
But when you are using the DX, the sleeve gives no protection at all. NONE! Do you want to risk your new DXG for the same or a little weight? I actually find that a cover can help holding the reader some.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #62
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have arthritis and the extra bulk and weight of a cover (I have a couple) make it *more* difficult to hold. When I'm not reading the KDXG goes back in its sleeve. When I used the cover I removed my old DX completely out to read so a sleeve makes more sense for me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #63
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I'm a fan of the mcover cases - clear (or coloured) polycarbonate - similar to what JSWolf is describing I think but with a hard screen protector. They aren't completely sealed like the KlearKase - but then MCover ship to the UK ....

I have one for my Kindle 2 which protects it from the junk in my handbag and I am waiting for one for my DX.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote