Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
rhartzell
rhartzell began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 7"
Save to disk is using title sort instead of title (v 2.83)

I'm trying to save books to disk with the filename format "{title} - {authors}", which is how the save template reads in the Save File preferences. Instead of using the proper title, however, it's using the sort title.

Here's what I'm trying to do: for books that are in a series, I have an abbreviated series title & volume number in my regular title field (EX: "[Series 01] Title"), while the sort title field is simply "Title". I'm doing this because the e-reader my daughter uses for CBR/CBZ files (Perfect Viewer) can also handle EPUBs, but it does not read the metadata at all -- it only uses the filename when it displays its library. Worse, it does not offer a list view of its library; it only uses a grid view which abbreviates the titles.

I know I could go back and change metadata so that I could use one of the "series - series # - title - author" recipes that have been posted, but this isn't much of a solution, either, as I'm trying to work with Japanese light novel series in this particular case, some of which have fairly long titles -- "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon?" is a median length, and that's before you add an individual volume name to all that -- which would get truncated too much to be workable.

There may be other workarounds -- using other template recipes, or even a different e-reader app on my daughter's tablet -- but I'd really prefer to be able to use the proper title instead of the sort title, as described above. Is this possible? I'd really prefer not to have to go back and re-edit a bunch of metadata....
rhartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
rhartzell
rhartzell began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 7"
(Apologies: I just found the "tweaks" option, and can't seem to delete this post/thread.)
rhartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your'e good
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote