Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
Easily damaged Iliad casing?

I've had an Iliad for about 6 months and the front casing is really easy to damage in places. Leaving some of the black plastic exposed. It's an early V2 which when it arrived smelled quite strongly. The back case on the other hand doesn't seem to be suffer damage at all.

Is this normal or have I managed to snag an Iliad with a faulty casing?

Boris
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I've had an Iliad for about 6 months and the front casing is really easy to damage in places. Leaving some of the black plastic exposed. It's an early V2 which when it arrived smelled quite strongly. The back case on the other hand doesn't seem to be suffer damage at all.

Is this normal or have I managed to snag an Iliad with a faulty casing?

Boris
When you say damage, do you mean bumps and knocks, or do you mean the rubberised finish gradually coming off? The latter is happening to mine (also an early V2) and I'm in touch with support about it now as I don't think it's acceptable.

Mark
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Boris
Enthusiast

Yep that's a better description of the issue, the rubberised finish is peeling off of the front of my Iliad in places. Are you having much joy with support?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
See: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2219
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #5
Boris
Enthusiast

mvoosten,

Cheers for the link

Boris
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I've had my Gen1 Iliad for quite a while now, since day one actually, and I can't see any damage to the front. Maybe it's because I put it into a 'M-Edge jacket and never took it out again (apart from when I had to reset it)?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
Boris
Enthusiast

Just a quick update on my iliad issue. I put a ticket into Irex and got a reply the following day asking for photos of the problem. The day after sending the photos I was told the iliad needed returning, the return box arrived the next day and was returned to Irex. I heard nothing for about a week when UPS returned my Iliad in perfect condition.

I'd like to thank Irex and in particular Markus for making the process pain free. I'd also like to say thanks for the advice given on this thread

Boris